20200722_113730.jpg

20200722_113740.jpg

20200722_113848.jpg

20200722_114008.jpg

20200722_114019.jpg

There has got to be a bad joke in there somewhere, but im gonna pass

I had a buddy call me two weeks ago, right as I was leaving for vacation
He said he found something cool for my duster but wouldn't tell me what it is
He should be by today, so im curious to see what it is (i got my fingers crossed for an 8-71)
Dead serious (no pun intended). Just got an email that we have to wait two more weeks before the shows will open up.

Been trying to fix a pressure washer for a buddy

He claimed someone overfiled the oil in it and it stopped running

So I drained the oil back to proper level, cleaned the carb and it ran for about 10 minutes

Then it died again and won't start now

So I drained the oil back to proper level, cleaned the carb and it ran for about 10 minutes

Fouled spark plug?

I'd pull the float bowl off and check for dirt in the holes in the centre bolt. You might want to clean the gas tank out. Wash out with hot soapy water and then dry it out by stuffing paper towel in there and move around with a long screwdriver. Once installed get some Methyl Hydrate (Isopropanol) put an ounce in the tank and fill it up with Premium gas (always use premium in your small engine, less or no E-85)
Let it sit for a couple of minutes to let the gas run through to the float bowel. Should fire right up.

Those venturies are really small and doesn't take much to plug them up. Don't forget they feed from the bottom. I use and piece of automotive wire, separate two stands, twist together and pass it down the centre hole. Bet you'll find crud in there. Good luck

thats where i started out
took the carb apart, cleaned everything as good as possible

poured out the gas from the bowl and tossed a match in there, almost lost my eyebrows...so the gas passed

i tried cleaning the carb as good as possible, of course this thing has no throttle or choke levers, it is all "automatic"

royal pain

it ran fine for about 10 minutes after i cleaned it

thats where i started out
took the carb apart, cleaned everything as good as possible

poured out the gas from the bowl and tossed a match in there, almost lost my eyebrows...so the gas passed

i tried cleaning the carb as good as possible, of course this thing has no throttle or choke levers, it is all "automatic"

royal pain

it ran fine for about 10 minutes after i cleaned it
If it is dirt you have to start at the gas tank and clean everything forward. Did you pull the center bolt that holds the float bowel a second time and check the venturies to see if they are plugged?

If it is dirt you have to start at the gas tank and clean everything forward. Did you pull the center bolt that holds the float bowel a second time and check the venturies to see if they are plugged?

ill clean the tank out tomorrow (running out of time)

the carb doesnt has a center bolt, it has two of em that hold them on
but no, i didnt do a second cleaning

Kinda lonely in the garage I bet with the car gone. Took mine for a ride today but still not done but hopping soon. Trying to budget parts I want but gonna take sometime to get it all the way I want.
20200710_135748.jpg
So far I'm pretty happy with it but made a few screw ups.

Kinda lonely in the garage I bet with the car gone. Took mine for a ride today but still not done but hopping soon. Trying to budget parts I want but gonna take sometime to get it all the way I want. View attachment 1715565855 So far I'm pretty happy with it but made a few screw ups.
yea Garage is empty and sad... If it was easy everyone would do it, plus screwing up is how we learn... Keep plugging away at it bud.
your car look amazing by the way..

yea Garage is empty and sad... If it was easy everyone would do it, plus screwing up is how we learn... Keep plugging away at it bud.
your car look amazing by the way..
I can't wait to see yours in paint not sure what it will cost but not cheap.
Your the only one I know that set his rear end up independent and would like to see the difference it makes.

-
Back