Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Morning guys.. I see you were busy on here yesterday. Reading about all the chemicals sprayed on weeds and food to keep weeds down. I know it's necessary but just think of the chemicals that land up in the food we eat. No wonder cancer is running ramped, we're slowly killing ourselves.
On a lighter note. Have a great day and enjoy the weekend.
I agree and growing up dad was against it and never used chemicals. I had to go out in the fields with a hoe to get the weeds out by hand that the tractor could not get when cultivating. Now with the chemicals we also produce twice as much crop as we did back then.

I agree and growing up dad was against it and never used chemicals. I had to go out in the fields with a hoe to get the weeds out by hand that the tractor could not get when cultivating. Now with the chemicals we also produce twice as much crop as we did back then.
Nothing you can do my friend if you can't get a good crop then you will not be able to afford to plant next year and go under as well as all farmers and we all starve.

I dont do them that often anymore either. lol I am normally not up like that but things were going well and the car was not pissing me off.
Ya gotta keep going when things are working out good because that doesn't happen very often.

How come is it everywhere I go, I see more work that I'm going to end up doing?

Just got back from a relatives' house. I can stick my foot under the main center wall, and have my foot on the floor. They also have broken outlets everywhere. Their house is a fire hazzard.

Of course, they didn't tell me till I showed up.

my neighbor across the street asked me if i could fix her AC the other day
so i went over there to have a look-see

i dont think i will be entering her home without making sure my tetanus shots are up to date
i dont think i would be lying, and i might even be kind if i told you her house is filled ankle deep with trash

the lady has got to be in her 80s, and lives by herself
i think she has early onset alzheimers

we talked for a little bit and i think i will be by next week to replace the window unit
(they actually build it into the wall, but it cant be that hard to pull the trim and replace it)

my neighbor across the street asked me if i could fix her AC the other day
so i went over there to have a look-see

i dont think i will be entering her home without making sure my tetanus shots are up to date
i dont think i would be lying, and i might even be kind if i told you her house is filled ankle deep with trash

the lady has got to be in her 80s, and lives by herself
i think she has early onset alzheimers

we talked for a little bit and i think i will be by next week to replace the window unit
(they actually build it into the wall, but it cant be that hard to pull the trim and replace it)
Your a good neighbor to have around.
Kinda hard working in a place filled with trash I can remember when I was young I use to move pianos in Seattle Washington and put some very expensive pianos in houses like that.

Your a good neighbor to have around.
Kinda hard working in a place filled with trash I can remember when I was young I use to move pianos in Seattle Washington and put some very expensive pianos in houses like that.

i dont know what it is
im guessing she hasnt always been like this, but with the alzheimers...i mean, i see it in my mother in law
she lives with us, and lets say she makes a sandwich
i can "follow" her steps because the bread will be left out, the butter will be left out, the baloney will be left out and i find a half a sandwich on the counter where she forgot about it

according to my wife, she hasnt always been like that, she was very good at putting everything away as soon as she was done with it, but he just doesnt remember

its kinda funny (not like "ha ha" funny)
but i can put her outside by a bonfire, and i can tell you right now the stories she will tell
shes gonna talk about how as a teen she lived with her grandfather out in the stix
they didnt have an indoor kitchen and they would cook on the fire
then, when the fire starts to do down, and the coals become more prevalent she'll tell you how her grandfather used to bake bread and tortillias on the hot coals

i mean, she just doesnt remember shes told me this story ad nauseam

the strange thing about my neighbor is that there isnt anyone else taking care of it
her house is owned by a trust in her name, and that name happens to be same name as is on the marina here in town
her family is by no means poor, and there is no reason for her to live like this
BUT she did briefly mention once some guys from the marina take care of the snow plowing, because one of her nephews isnt a "bad as his dad"
i guess her and her brothers dont get along

i dont know what it is
im guessing she hasnt always been like this, but with the alzheimers...i mean, i see it in my mother in law
she lives with us, and lets say she makes a sandwich
i can "follow" her steps because the bread will be left out, the butter will be left out, the baloney will be left out and i find a half a sandwich on the counter where she forgot about it

according to my wife, she hasnt always been like that, she was very good at putting everything away as soon as she was done with it, but he just doesnt remember

its kinda funny (not like "ha ha" funny)
but i can put her outside by a bonfire, and i can tell you right now the stories she will tell
shes gonna talk about how as a teen she lived with her grandfather out in the stix
they didnt have an indoor kitchen and they would cook on the fire
then, when the fire starts to do down, and the coals become more prevalent she'll tell you how her grandfather used to bake bread and tortillias on the hot coals

i mean, she just doesnt remember shes told me this story ad nauseam

the strange thing about my neighbor is that there isnt anyone else taking care of it
her house is owned by a trust in her name, and that name happens to be same name as is on the marina here in town
her family is by no means poor, and there is no reason for her to live like this
BUT she did briefly mention once some guys from the marina take care of the snow plowing, because one of her nephews isnt a "bad as his dad"
i guess her and her brothers dont get along
Sad to see it happening but I guess if there comfortable and want to live that way I guess better leave them die there own way.
My mom is real bad now and been trying to get her to move in with me I have plenty of room and would take care of her but I think not being in her own house might put her in the ground faster.
I keep asking her to move here though.

Sad to see it happening but I guess if there comfortable and want to live that way I guess better leave them die there own way.
My mom is real bad now and been trying to get her to move in with me I have plenty of room and would take care of her but I think not being in her own house might put her in the ground faster.
I keep asking her to move here though.

with her mom, we knew when it was time to move her in

i guess that whole story started 10 years ago
her dad's health was going down hill and we wanted to move them closer
we started looking for a house with, i guess, guest quarters?
i wanted them to live with us, without giving up any autonomy, meaning i didnt want them to live somewhere that felt like an after thought, where they felt like they were living with me, or that didnt have a full kitchen

come to find out, there are to many places like that around

we ended up buying a duplex and moving us in on one side, them on the other (that gave them a 1700 sqaure feet 3 bed 2 bath home, and since it both sides had dual stall garages i ended up with 3 of them)

they lived there until her dad died in 2013 (i believe)
about a year later, my wife went to see her mom, and she wasnt cooking
now, i dont know if you know this about latina women, but if they arent cooking, somethings wrong
so the wife asked her, why arent you cooking mom?
and she replied...why would i, i got no one to cook for

so at that point we knew she wasnt gonna last long if she stayed there on her own
so we started looking for another house, this time one that was big enough for our family, and had room for her mom

within a month we had signed the papers for the house we're in now (cool side note, the duplex we were in before, had been for sale for YEARS before we bought it...when we looked at the new house, the selling realtor asked what the duplex appraised at and bought it at that price, didnt even need to list it)

now that she lives with us, shes doing much better
she helped with the kids and cooked again...though some of that has tapered down again as the disease progresses but i can guaranty you, if we hadnt moved her in with us when we did, she would be in a home or dead by now

with her mom, we knew when it was time to move her in

i guess that whole story started 10 years ago
her dad's health was going down hill and we wanted to move them closer
we started looking for a house with, i guess, guest quarters?
i wanted them to live with us, without giving up any autonomy, meaning i didnt want them to live somewhere that felt like an after thought, where they felt like they were living with me, or that didnt have a full kitchen

come to find out, there are to many places like that around

we ended up buying a duplex and moving us in on one side, them on the other (that gave them a 1700 sqaure feet 3 bed 2 bath home, and since it both sides had dual stall garages i ended up with 3 of them)

they lived there until her dad died in 2013 (i believe)
about a year later, my wife went to see her mom, and she wasnt cooking
now, i dont know if you know this about latina women, but if they arent cooking, somethings wrong
so the wife asked her, why arent you cooking mom?
and she replied...why would i, i got no one to cook for

so at that point we knew she wasnt gonna last long if she stayed there on her own
so we started looking for another house, this time one that was big enough for our family, and had room for her mom

within a month we had signed the papers for the house we're in now (cool side note, the duplex we were in before, had been for sale for YEARS before we bought it...when we looked at the new house, the selling realtor asked what the duplex appraised at and bought it at that price, didnt even need to list it)

now that she lives with us, shes doing much better
she helped with the kids and cooked again...though some of that has tapered down again as the disease progresses but i can guaranty you, if we hadnt moved her in with us when we did, she would be in a home or dead by now
Glad your taking good care of her sounds like a good woman.
My mom is married to a man 4 years younger than me and he takes care of her but she is left alone when he works.
My in laws are still real close to me in being there son and mom and dad. Getting up there in age but are still doing well but I know my time will come to take care of them soon.

Morning. Cool here also , thanks for helpin out your neighbor, and lookin after your family you guys are awsome.

Kid picked up his airplane parts today and I painted the rear seat in the scamp so gonna go install it and the interior will be just about done.
Fly's are thick and sticky today must have a storm coming in.

upload_2020-8-8_14-53-56.gif

And that explains it right there plus the modified grains and plus steroids in the milk. Scary stuff when you think of it.

Kid picked up his airplane parts today and I painted the rear seat in the scamp so gonna go install it and the interior will be just about done.
Fly's are thick and sticky today must have a storm coming in.
Plane working good Fred? I know it sure looked good.

Plane working good Fred? I know it sure looked good.
He hasn't been flying it been to busy at work and moving into his new house.
Has a big plane inspection in a few weeks it is $90 per hour and will take all day to get it done he said.

Didn't hit 70 today. Gonna hit 80's Wednesday. I think the worst is over for me. I shouldn't say"the worst" I love our heat.

Well chit just checking in . Was 13c this morning warmed up to 29c cooling off now , is 78f in the house , washed the truck and the car got sunburnt I always forget how bloody strong it is now ,when we were kids no mention of sun screen ,played out side for weeks on end only remember one bad burn, now it seems every time I go out I burn ? Is it because I’m old now or is the sun stronger?

-
Back