Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Hi Guys ... just talked to Mike and he's fine. He said with the new dog he doesn't have time for hardly anything. Her name is Frieda and came from Germany so a full blooded Shepard. Cute as a button but he said his and Gale's hands and bleeding from all the biting she does and of course her teeth are like needles.
View attachment 1715702729
That's like Sublime's dog Hemi from Germany.
Glad Mike is well and busy with a new hound.

Great even if you could buy a aftermarket it would be a lot more than that.
How hard is it going to be to replace?
It looks like with the way we plan on doing it I will need to drill the spot welds down the sides and front then lift the back off the frame enough to slide it in and respot weld it.

Hi Guys ... just talked to Mike and he's fine. He said with the new dog he doesn't have time for hardly anything. Her name is Frieda and came from Germany so a full blooded Shepard. Cute as a button but he said his and Gale's hands and bleeding from all the biting she does and of course her teeth are like needles.
So happy to see he found a place in his heart to share it with another dog.

She's a real cutie!

It looks like with the way we plan on doing it I will need to drill the spot welds down the sides and front then lift the back off the frame enough to slide it in and respot weld it.
By the way CF not sure if you know but just my 2 cents, when you over lap a panel and weld it there is a coating to put on the edges before you weld it to cover the bare metal called spot weld primer and can be welded on. Helps keep the rust out.
I use it when replacing panels on cars and is about 40 bucks a can and worth every penny.

20210306_192537.jpg
All waxed up but to early to take out of the barn.

20210306_192233.jpg
20210306_192248.jpg
Got bored today and made some pistol grip dip stick handles just for ***** and giggles.

Well back in from the barn sipping a little Gentleman Jack and relaxing. The grand daughter is here and went to the barn with me this evening to pull the windows out of a derby car. Did I mention I hate Urethane? She wont let me slack and we got all the windows out and doors gutted.

Well back in from the barn sipping a little Gentleman Jack and relaxing. The grand daughter is here and went to the barn with me this evening to pull the windows out of a derby car. Did I mention I hate Urethane? She wont let me slack and we got all the windows out and doors gutted.
Do you have the proper knife to cut the windows out CF? Never had any problem cutting them out once you learn the technic.

Do you have the proper knife to cut the windows out CF? Never had any problem cutting them out once you learn the technic.
I have the Snap-On pull type with the 90 degree blade. For the bottom of the windshield I use a sawzall because the urethane is a few inches in from the edge. The biggest problem I run into is with the 90 degree tool the plastic trim on the edge of the glass hangs the tool up and at times makes it almost impossible to pull so you have to pull it back and go back in.

Last edited:
I have the Snap-On pull type with the 90 degree blade. For the bottom of the windshield I use a sawzall because the urethane is a dew inches in from the edge. The biggest problem I run into is with the 90 degree tool the plastic trim on the edge of the glass hangs the tool up and at times makes it almost impossible to pull so you have to pull it back and go back in.
I always cut the rubber trim off the glass before I cut the glass out but then it depends on the trim. I don't like doing glass and the worse is a back glass on a pick up for me.

I always cut the rubber trim off the glass before I cut the glass out but then it depends on the trim. I don't like doing glass and the worse is a back glass on a pick up for me.
On these Vics it is hard plastic trim with metal in it and it is stuck in with the urethane so you can break it flush with the body but the rest wont come out and that is what catches the tool.

On these Vics it is hard plastic trim with metal in it and it is stuck in with the urethane so you can break it flush with the body but the rest wont come out and that is what catches the tool.
Yea I know the trim and your right I have the same problem with the blade catching it.
I have a saws all made for windows with a putty knife blade that rips those stubborn windshields right out. If you were a bit closer I would have sent it your way.

-
Back