Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
1lfal5.jpg

Yea I know the trim and your right I have the same problem with the blade catching it.
I have a saws all made for windows with a putty knife blade that rips those stubborn windshields right out. If you were a bit closer I would have sent it your way.
I must admit I never got into the plastic moldings like they have today and must be a b_tch to work on them. As far as pulling the knife through the Urethane though. I always made sure the blade was sharp, slide the blade right between the urethane and uptight to the glass. Tilting the knife away from you about 15-20 degrees and it would cut through that like butter all the way around except for Fords. Those had to be cut from the top and sides then push the glass forward to cut the urethane across the bottom about 6-7" up from the bottom. Fiat's were a bastard to do. They were a glue in and the cheap bastards wouldn't put much on the glass so it was just a whisker from the pinch weld and the urethane they used was like cement. We used to put blankets inside the car and literally break the glass with a hammer and use a hammer and chisel to clean off the pinch weld.
They were a prick of a job and one guy landed up going to the hospital with a glass shard in his eye. It's really hard to find glass because they would put a dye in it to try and find it but I think that made it worse. I had a piece of metal in my eye from walking through a bodyshop while a guy was grinding metal. They put a dye in and found it right away and that was painful enough. Funs and games in the glass trade and I've got the scars to prove it lol

I must admit I never got into the plastic moldings like they have today and must be a b_tch to work on them. As far as pulling the knife through the Urethane though. I always made sure the blade was sharp, slide the blade right between the urethane and uptight to the glass. Tilting the knife away from you about 15-20 degrees and it would cut through that like butter all the way around except for Fords. Those had to be cut from the top and sides then push the glass forward to cut the urethane across the bottom about 6-7" up from the bottom. Fiat's were a bastard to do. They were a glue in and the cheap bastards wouldn't put much on the glass so it was just a whisker from the pinch weld and the urethane they used was like cement. We used to put blankets inside the car and literally break the glass with a hammer and use a hammer and chisel to clean off the pinch weld.
They were a prick of a job and one guy landed up going to the hospital with a glass shard in his eye. It's really hard to find glass because they would put a dye in it to try and find it but I think that made it worse. I had a piece of metal in my eye from walking through a bodyshop while a guy was grinding metal. They put a dye in and found it right away and that was painful enough. Funs and games in the glass trade and I've got the scars to prove it lol
Metal in the eye yup had it a few times , my eye doctor played on my hockey team , he used a battery powered Dremel tool worked like a hot dam just enough power to pick the steel outta the eye ball ,if it went to deep it would stall nothing like your buddy heading towards your eye ball with a dremel tool giggling like a little kid .

Yep hate replacing windows and have had enough glass and metal shavings in my eyes like the rest of you. Kinda wounder how we still see but glad we can.
Mark has only one eye and needs to stay away from flying objects.

Mornin Fellas
Morning CF and morning to the rest of the gang as well.
Going to be stella weather the next few days. Sunny all the way but two contradictory forecasts today. One says 4C and the other one says 10C. I'll take the 10 any day but wish they'd get their act together.
Slowly warming up and the days are getting longer, what's not to like about that.
Hope everyone had a great weekend and has a great week as well. Stay safe and keep well

Morning guys going for a record high of 54* today.
Going to Fargo sometime this week to see Sublime and listen to that sweet car of his run.
Ho and spoil is dog and drink all his booze. lol

Was a disappointing day. The weather person (notice I didn't say man) missed it by a mile. Started out with sleet and then the sun came out for a while but never really got about 2c. Better luck tomorrow though (HUH so they are saying)

Was a disappointing day. The weather person (notice I didn't say man) missed it by a mile. Started out with sleet and then the sun came out for a while but never really got about 2c. Better luck tomorrow though (HUH so they are saying)
Nice here Mark T shirt weather.
I'll send some your way buddy.

Weather here is great
I got my oldest girl a pair of rollerskates and she hasn't been inside since

I was also able to finish up the trim on those windows I have been working on, so I think I'm gonna call that room officially done
(Though I'm sure sooner or later I'm gonna rip the trim around the fireplace off and replace it with pine)

-
Back