Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
Hey guys...got a technical problem. Last week I stopped at my buddies place for maybe 45 minutes. Went to start the Cuda and it would roll over but not fire. Usually start on less than half a revolution. He checked it through (he's a Mopar Mechanic old school). He checked the coil and then the #1 plug. When I cranked it while checking the plug it fired up. It ran fine and fine to the car show last night. When I tried to start it no fire. Rolled over great. I replaced the Spark control module and it fired right up as it usually does. I went to start it today and same thing. One thing that's weird is after cranking it and returning the key to the off position it will bump the motor. Any suggestions? Ignition module by the battery?
Not much help here Mark would check the battery voltage to make sure enough to crank the engine over and give the ignition enough voltage to give it spark. You just put a new battery in it if I remember so maybe a ground wire or bad connection some place. Just my 2 cents not much help here.

Not much help here Mark would check the battery voltage to make sure enough to crank the engine over and give the ignition enough voltage to give it spark. You just put a new battery in it if I remember so maybe a ground wire or bad connection some place. Just my 2 cents not much help here.
The engine rolls over like a champ Fred so I think that is fine. Thx

I’m not sure either , I’ll ask my old school buddy’s ,ballast resistor?

The other thing I would suggest , is to check the bulkhead connector on both sides, under dash and under the hood . Make sure all wires are pushed in properly and none are touching another wire. Hope that helped !

The other thing I would suggest , is to check the bulkhead connector on both sides, under dash and under the hood . Make sure all wires are pushed in properly and none are touching another wire. Hope that helped !
Good ideas FOG had problems with mine there.

Good ideas FOG had problems with mine there.
That's exactly what my buddy said. The two wires are in the middle bulkhead. He said that was a common problem so I'll have to see if I can get under the dash and check it out. That's going to be with great difficulty with the way my shoulders are. Bugger getting old.

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there. lol
Seriously though... have a great day with your Mother's if you're lucky to still have her around and with your families too. Lost my mom in 2009.
Mark & his Mum.jpg

Happy Mother's Day to all you mothers out there. lol
Seriously though... have a great day with your Mother's if you're lucky to still have her around and with your families too. Lost my mom in 2009.
View attachment 1715334100
Morning Mark still have my mom and plan on calling her today.
Sorry for your loss I'm sure she was a great mom and you took care of her.

That's exactly what my buddy said. The two wires are in the middle bulkhead. He said that was a common problem so I'll have to see if I can get under the dash and check it out. That's going to be with great difficulty with the way my shoulders are. Bugger getting old.
I did away with the bulk head plug in mine like you said to hard to get to it. You can disconnect it from the bulk head and makes it somewhat easier.

Morning Mark still have my mom and plan on calling her today.
Sorry for your loss I'm sure she was a great mom and you took care of her.
She had a lead foot and only stood 4'11". Her middle name was Lillian and she hated it so me being me I named her "Lead Foot Lil" and she laughed about it. LOL

Morning slo I phoned the Hdk #and the owner picked up no answering machine or secratery,that set up will be 8000$ to my door , nice stuf but hard to spend that kinda cash .

come on now.....I can't help that the Canadian exchange rate is $1 US to $1.34 Candian....and you live on Vancouver island. The complete HDK (without brakes package) for the early A's B's and E's sell for $3995. add $100 for gen III Hemi mounts, $150 for sway bar assembly , and $100 for power steering upgrade. Average shipping on the whole package in the USA... $125

Thanks for your interest and call.....just want to keep it real.
Denny

Last edited:
come on now.....I can't help that the Canadian exchange rate is $1 US to $1.34 Candian....and you live on Vancouver island. The complete HDK (without brakes package) for the early A's B's and E's sell for $3995. add $100 for gen III Hemi mounts, $150 for sway bar assembly , and $100 for power steering upgrade. Average shipping on the whole package in the USA... $125

Denny
Thanx Denny . :thankyou:

Denny
You're forgetting duties and taxes. Anything we buy from the USA you can almost double the price by the time we get it.

This certainly was a short summer. A wet, rainy, cold and windy day. More rain on the way as well for the next 2-3 days. Haven't even looked at the car yet.
Hope you've all had a great day with your moms and wives. Remember...it's Mother's Day but Father's night. Good luck guys lol

Thanx Denny . :thankyou:

your welcome,

I had a member I have been talking to e-mail me thinking HDK had a major price hike....sooooo I thought I better clear up the $8K figure. When I was (much) younger and we would visit the girls in Windsor, I always liked the exchange rate. Now, not so much.

-
Back