Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
I used one 30 years ago in Ford Prototype welding mostly exhaust systems and built myself a stainless fuel tank for demolition derby. It is a more concentrated heat which I think would be better for body patches. I already have a mig welder and a spot welder.
You get less shrinking with tig but damn it’s slow.

I used one 30 years ago in Ford Prototype welding mostly exhaust systems and built myself a stainless fuel tank for demolition derby. It is a more concentrated heat which I think would be better for body patches. I already have a mig welder and a spot welder.
Done lots of mig welding and spot welding and would like to try a tig welder.

I bought the tig for aluminum and S.S. I love it for aluminum. SS is kind of tricky. You gotta back flow it with argon.

I found when I used it 30 years ago with the pedal control I was pretty good at controlling heat and not blowing holes. I welded a filler neck section to the tank I made with no filler rod.
They make a controller that goes on the torch too. Water cooled torch would be nice.

I found when I used it 30 years ago with the pedal control I was pretty good at controlling heat and not blowing holes. I welded a filler neck section to the tank I made with no filler rod.
Sounds good I'd like to try it. I'm not a good welder.

1679460874051.jpeg

Snow dropped about 8, 10” in bush everything’s still frozen, south side buildings melting out but snowing like stupid this morn. Ok enough winter already

Morning guys and Happy Hump Day.
Sunny this morning and rain this afternoon.
We're losing a lot of snow now.
These are snowdrops that were growing under the snow

IMG_3380.jpg

-
Back