Last Post

-

19duster74

Duster74
Reaction score
This will be my last post at FABO. I am sick of some of the "Experts" that just seem to know everything and are frankly rude A-Holes in their replies to other members. A lot of you other members have been great and helpful with non-biased opinions and a great source of information. Thank you for that.

For those others that always seem to reply with negative or "better than you" comments I won't miss you at all. You do take the fun out of this great site.

FABO administrators you do a great job, I know you can not control the opinions of the experts or the way they talk down to us other members. I just feel everyone should be able to have an opinion or ask a question and expect to not be treated with disrespect as a result.

I will miss FABO, having logged in pretty much daily over the past couple years........ Have fun.

Take a breath and lighten up,it's just the internet not real life.And people wouldn't run their mouth's if they were close enough for you to reach out and choke them:burnout:

Been there dude, I've been on the site since almost the beginning and I've gotten my share of replies like that. Sometimes I just consider the source.

Hey 19duster74, don't let a few 'hide behind the computer tough guys' ruin your day. Theres always going to be a percentage in every group that are obnoxious know it alls. I know a few members on here myself that think that their car and engine is the only one that is any good. Quite frankly, they are short sighted and narrow minded, and I personally couldn't care less what they think. If fact, I enjoy rattleing their chains on occasion, because their replies are so predictable.
With that being said, there are some real experts to be found here, and I've gained tons of info and advice from them, met some good people from all over, and theres no way I'd let a few 'know it alls' chase me away from a place that I enjoy. Just my opinion, Mike

then i guess its time to hide in the basement and cut off the rest of the world?

Hey Guy,

You cant leave ,you are one of the guys that I depend on to respond to my many dumb questions. You are an asset to the site,Dont let a few members get you down.

Bob

stick around man, its a good place. i even may be one of the guys you're talking about, but like said above, ignore certain comments and get to the heart of the problem you inquired about. hopefully you will change your mind, but if not, happy dustering.

Sure hope it aint me ! Some people say Dr. House reminds them of me. Mama says I say things that hurt peoples feelings without knowing it. Lack of tact or something.
Dr. House would have said , "waaaah" here.

Can't we all just get along? Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor??? When the going gets tough--the tough get going! Right? Who's with me??

Gotta love Belushi. If its me i apoligize. Ive been told i,m rude crude and socially unacceptable. Giving up on FABO:wack:

If it bothers you enough to lose piece then perhaps it's best to stay away - you have to know yourself. But I think it's pretty rare that folks here are really obnoxious - though I'm not on here every day. Staying on might actually be a good thing for you ... a person can learn humility and patience from being treated in a way that seems harsh. If one runs away from every difficulty, one won't learn much.

I hope it wan't me as somtimes I can be terse, but only because I sometimes answer at work and am pressed for time. Some of the other guys may be in the same situation. I can only say that you shouldn't take things on a forum too personaly and would be sorry to see you leave.

Sure anywhere in life you will run across people that will tick you off but man this site is 99.9% great people. I have had my disagreements with people on here and for that matter I will admit that my button gets pushed every once in a while and I get a little ornery but it isn't the end of the world. I have a brother (Had him my whole life) and we have had some drag down fist throwing fights, but we are still brothers and wouldn't trade each other for anyone and we sure are going to bail on each other. This is what we are here just brother and sisters in a kind of way and we will fight occasionally, but we eventually let it go. But if you want to bail then that is your choice but will tell you that the problem lies within you and not the other people and you will have this problem with this type of person your entire life.

I also learned that when something is typed it looks the same when someone is serious or being sarcastic because there is no tone of voice to key off of. This can set some people off because it has two meanings but which one is it? We as humans jump to the conclusion that they must be trying to be an *** so now the war is on. I have been down this path and jumped somebody when all they were trying to do was be humorous.

Chuck

I'm with 340mopar!!!

There are threads that i never finish because of the nonsense, but there are many more that have proven invaluable. Tremendous source of information.

These forums are kinda like real life there are gonna be people who can't get along and there will be arguments and hurt feelings but you can't let those few bad things out weigh the good.
There are alot of great members here, if there are members here that you don't like or whatever just ignore them or don't repond to there threads.

If nothing else take a break from the board and come back later when you feel it's time. I did that a while back i was gone for about a year and came back because i missed it.

Sure anywhere in life you will run across people that will tick you off but man this site is 99.9% great people. I have had my disagreements with people on here and for that matter I will admit that my button gets pushed every once in a while and I get a little ornery but it isn't the end of the world. I have a brother (Had him my whole life) and we have had some drag down fist throwing fights, but we are still brothers and wouldn't trade each other for anyone and we sure are going to bail on each other. This is what we are here just brother and sisters in a kind of way and we will fight occasionally, but we eventually let it go. But if you want to bail then that is your choice but will tell you that the problem lies within you and not the other people and you will have this problem with this type of person your entire life.

I also learned that when something is typed it looks the same when someone is serious or being sarcastic because there is no tone of voice to key off of. This can set some people off because it has two meanings but which one is it? We as humans jump to the conclusion that they must be trying to be an *** so now the war is on. I have been down this path and jumped somebody when all they were trying to do was be humorous.

Chuck

Yea Chuck ticks me off on occasion but I'm still here. Just kidding Chuck LOL.:poke:
When I see a response that might be a little "undiplomatic" I just figure that the guy or girl is just having a bad day. I don't think I've run into anyone yet that I would consider an outright *** hole, and if I do I'll be the first to tell him or her.

Terry

We are are all different animals and we will have our disagreements, thank god. Because it would be a boring world if we all were happy, happy, joy, joy and liked the exact same things. Anyone remember the movie Demolition Man, no thanks, just shoot me in the head right now.

Chuck

These forums are kinda like real life there are gonna be people who can't get along and there will be arguments and hurt feelings but you can't let those few bad things out weigh the good.
There are alot of great members here, if there are members here that you don't like or whatever just ignore them or don't repond to there threads.

If nothing else take a break from the board and come back later when you feel it's time. I did that a while back i was gone for about a year and came back because i missed it.

You mean you missed me, don't you scampy:butthead:!
See what he means! LOL!!!!

Boy, I just joined the group, made one post and I can already understand 19duster74's point of view.

Remember, we all have something to offer based on our experiences. Not everyones offering will be identical, but each could be just as effective in obtaining the desired results.

Respectfully,

Randy

-
Back