Ld4b early edition manifold

-
Val I hear ya on the lokar setup, I am trying to keep things cheap and somewhat original on the dart. I will get that holley adapter and make her right.

Ok I have got the adapter on order and I will just use a unversal throttle mount off the back stud of the carb to fix my cable angle, pics soon...hopefully the right ones!haha

Awesome. I love it when a plan comes together.

Alright fellers, now we are getting somewhere! Lemme know what ya think, I don't know what I'm going to run for the throttle cable, I am leaning towards the ar engineering setup or maybe he bpe mount but they say you can't run the oe kd linkage, is this true or not...

Ahhh....that looks better!...just flip that upper rod over 180* and you're set. Not sure on the throttle cable bracket setup...you could get the repro aftermarket 340 throttle cable bracket that's sold on EBay, etc. I believe that'll put your current cable in the right spot. The cable clamp sits farther forward on that bracket than your current, 2bbl bracket.

Attachments

• 340 throttle bracket.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 149
Well about the rod I tried it flipped and it puts all the geometry out of whack... I did get it it look like it was gonna bind I will post a pic of that.

Now yer twakin. Flip that rod like Val is talkin about. That will give it a better approach angle. Heck yeah.

Yeah. das messed up, yo. I think I'd leave it like the first picture. I am sure you can get full travel with it anyway. You have more adjustment if you need it. As long as the carb stud can push the lever on the transmission all the way back, that's what you're after. It may not be like that after it's adjusted properly, but it needs to BE ABLE to be adjusted so it CAN push the lever all the way back at full throttle.......if that makes sense. In other words, adjust it so it DOES push the lever on the transmission all the way back at full throttle and drive it. If it holds the shift out too long, then shorten rod at the carburetor. Make sense?

Gotta have that bracket Val is talkin about though. That cable has to be fixed to work right.

Yea I'm gonna leave it the way I had it. It does go all the way back. With the carb held all the way open it doesn't push back anymore. The cable is next, just have to noodle out what bracket to go with...fab one, go with the ar engineering or that 340 one...

Should look like this when finished.....'cept the bracket, of course......

09a0090d-1.jpg

Yeah that correct bracket might make it all come together like a beautiful dream. Dangit. I don't know how to act with somebody that actually listens. Yer soakin this up like a sponge. lol

It's gonna be nice when you get all the little details worked out.

Did you see my pic above, I am not sure mine doesn't line up but with the Holley adapter it doesn't work the way your is...

I think what he is saying is when you get the right bracket he mentioned that it will all line up right. It will work one way or the other.......even like in your first picture up there. It would have a better angle to the carb pin if you could get it to work flipped around but I don't think it's necessary. So if the bracket doesn't solve that, no biggie.

When I converted my 68 Cuda from 2 bbl to 4 bbl, I just made a little extension for the kick down lever like this:

All you have to do is just get some round or hex stock in about 5/8", then drill a hole in the center for a 5/16 - 24 thread all the way through. You will just need 1" - 1 1/2" length for the female portion shown here:

View attachment Female A02.jpg

Here it is showing hidden lines:

View attachment Female A01.jpg

Now get some 5/16" - 24 threaded rod and cut it in about 2" length (adjust as needed):

View attachment Male A01.jpg

Now thread the "extension" rod half-way down inside the female portion from step 1.

View attachment Assy A01.jpg

Here is how the assembly fits together showing the hidden lines. Now just thread this on the end of the kick down lever and adjust as the service manual states:

View attachment Assy A02.jpg

Nice solid work krazy, I have done round stock left over and that's what I was going to setup, nice.

I was trying to post this yesterday, but I was having problems with my new modem/router.

I tried to describe it, but that didn't turn out too well, so I had to make some pictures...

So it looks like I might have a vacuum leak what's your guys opinion on torquing the manifold to? I did mine to 40 foot pounds

So it looks like I might have a vacuum leak what's your guys opinion on torquing the manifold to? I did mine to 40 foot pounds

the service manual states 35 foot pounds.

Try mixing a few drops of dish soap into a spray bottle and spray around the intake to look for leaks.

-
Back