Ld4b early edition manifold

-
Clean and dry the china rails, lay a bead of RTV, (I like the Mopar black stuff)install the intake, torque the bolts and let it set until tomorrow before you run the engine.

Well fellas thanks so much for the info! It turned out to be the dowels in the China rails. Got her all on and setting up with rtv, not to see if my rtv job sealed up nice! Then gabbing up some support brackets for the a/c.

So my throttle cable is a bit short. Any remedies?

You will need a four barrel throttle bracket, and depending on the carb you may also need the adapter bracket where the cable attaches to the carb.

Some of us modded our original bracket to reach by extending the bolt legs where it attaches to the intake.

That looks purdy good! Glad you got it worked out.

Yes that does look good. I want to see what you have to do to the AC brackets. Maybe I'll just leave my 2 barrel on. LOL

Thanks guys, a bit dirty from the install but I will clean her up. As for the beakers toolman after a dinner break I came back and saw the driver side braket mounts up just fine as there is a boss for it on the manifold. But the passenger side does not have one, I think I will be fine for now with at least one on there. Later on I will just twist up a flat piece of stock and mount it to one of the manifold bolts. Now I just need for my 340 6 pack coil mount to show up and I'm in business!

Toolman here is a shot of the bracket

And here is a shot of my throttle cable, a little wonky but it will do for now

Torkmnstr....you need to fix up all that throttle and kickdown linkage you have there...its a mess, and is not correct. You will not get proper throttle action, and your kickdown (actually called "Pressure linkage") setup will ruin your trans.

Yes. PLEASE do not drive the car like this. You will burn up the transmission.

Yea I know the throttle is funky, I need to pretty much cut my bracket and raise it up to get the straight back pull from the throttle cable or maybe just get a lokar one that mount off the carb. As for the kickdown what is wrong with its location? It's is almost parallel and I do need to adjust it once she running again. That will mean running, see how it shifts threw the gears twist out on the linkage to space them out etc...unless I'm missing something with the you guys saw...

The pin on the carb throttle is at the front of the opening in the rod. It needs to be toward the back, so when apply throttle it pushes the lever back on the trans. If it doesn't you'll burn up your trans.

Does that rod have a tab on the underside of it?

View attachment 4vrod.jpg

Like this.

No tab on mine, bad, just a straight linkage can is can I see a bigger picture of your setup my throttle. Oh yea I haven't bolted the lockdown in yet so it is forward. I will move it up when I lock everything in.

Good. Just make sure the carb pin is at the rear of the slot. That way the transmission gets added throttle pressure as soon as the throttle is opened. It's lookin great so far.

Is the engine stock?

Yea I know the throttle is funky, I need to pretty much cut my bracket and raise it up to get the straight back pull from the throttle cable or maybe just get a lokar one that mount off the carb. As for the kickdown what is wrong with its location? It's is almost parallel and I do need to adjust it once she running again. That will mean running, see how it shifts threw the gears twist out on the linkage to space them out etc...unless I'm missing something with the you guys saw...

No, its all fugly. First off, you need to get the Holley Mopar carb throttle linkage adapter to get proper throttle and kickdown geometry. Yes, you need a spring to keep the kd link forward. Google- image a proper setup for more info.

So the linkage from my existing carb won't do the job?

Sorta and sorta not. I would get the adapter. It's cheap and it will assure the throttle linkage works correctly. You can get it for like 20 bucks.....shipped.

I am just blown away that we are giving someone advice here who is actually listening. It's blowin my mind.

That said, you are gonna have a nice little ride man. Can you post pictures of the whole car?

Rusty that's funny! That's what this place is for right, I'm not to proud to say I don't know or don't get it. Thousands of heads are better then my one! I am not a new Mopar guy though, this is my first small block car. I have a 69 roadrunner, but I ditched all the stock stuff a long time ago and ran the lokar setup so all the stoker equipment is a bit foreign! Haha. Where's a good place to get that adapter from?
Here is the dart

And here is the bird

So the linkage from my existing carb won't do the job?

All you have to do for the kickdown linkage that attaches to the carb is lengthen it about 1"-2" and it will work with the 4 bbl throttle bracket.

I would just buy some threaded rod the same thread as on the linkage rod. Then get some hex stock larger diameter than that and drill and tap a hole for the thread for the linkage rod. Then Thread part of it on the old kickdown rod, and then put some of the threaded rod in the other end and then you will be able to adjust it properly.

Sorry for the late reply, I tried to reply yesterday, but I'm having modem problems and not staying connected or able to post...

Rusty that's funny! That's what this place is for right, I'm not to proud to say I don't know or don't get it. Thousands of heads are better then my one! I am not a new Mopar guy though, this is my first small block car. I have a 69 roadrunner, but I ditched all the stock stuff a long time ago and ran the lokar setup so all the stoker equipment is a bit foreign! Haha. Where's a good place to get that adapter from?
Here is the dart

And here is the bird

You could just go with the Lokar setup on your Dart as well, since you're familiar with that system.

-
Back