Ld4b early edition manifold

-
Ouch. That's way too much for an aluminum intake. I would go no more than 25. I usually only go an even 20. That's plenty tight.

krazykuda,

Can you post some pics of the adapter you made mounted on your setup? Hopefully multiple views.

krazykuda,

Can you post some pics of the adapter you made mounted on your setup? Hopefully multiple views.

I made that adapter back in 88, and it's long gone.

I drew up some drawings on the other page on post 68.

Well guys I'm on the road to cruising...I picked up a vacuum gauge and tuned her up. There is no leak going on, I have a solid 16in at idle when I tuned the mixture screws and had 21 in under some throttle. I need to adjust my timing now since it falling on its face and backfiring when giving her some gas.

Well guys I'm on the road to cruising...I picked up a vacuum gauge and tuned her up. There is no leak going on, I have a solid 16in at idle when I tuned the mixture screws and had 21 in under some throttle. I need to adjust my timing now since it falling on its face and backfiring when giving her some gas.

Try advancing the timing a bit until it goes away...

Check your total timing between 2500-3000 RPM, then see what it is at idle.

Try retarding the timing a bit until it goes away...

Check your total timing between 2500-3000 RPM, then see what it is at idle.

Backfire usually means retarded timing. Also, make sure you have good accel pump shot. Weak shot can also cause backfire.

Check vacuum advance as well if backfire happens at throttle tip- in.

Yes, if it falls on its face and is popping through the carb, the timing needs advancing, not retarding.

Yea I'm going to put the gun on it tonight and give it some advance, accelerator pumps are good since I rebuilt the carb with all new internals.

well dumb dumb me had the vacuum advance plugged into full vac port instead of the time vac port! I swapped those and timed it to 11 at idle with a full at 32. I need to look at the carb since because there is a stumble a little more than 1/4 throttle down. I was able to tune the carb better with tweaking with the curve. I pulled out 21" at idle, up from 16". I need to check the vacuum in drive, maybe I need to up my power valve now...

wow, very nice. You got all the help you needed right here! awesome. My 2 cents, I would use a double return spring on the carb, ask me how I know! LOL

Nice job helping fella's, what a great wed site.

wow, very nice. You got all the help you needed right here! awesome. My 2 cents, I would use a double return spring on the carb, ask me how I know! LOL

Nice job helping fella's, what a great wed site.

It's 50% his fault because he did something rare around here. He listened. LOL

Ha you guys are to much. I did add a spring to that hemi, I don't want to learn the hard way either! Haha

-
Back