LD4B part number question

-

H22A4

Does anyone read this?
Reaction score
I've noticed some LD4B intakes have the part number 2836139 and some have 283613. What's the difference between the two? Are they same intake but the part number had a digit added as production went on?

I'm curious on this too. I found this one on CL Mopar and it is the 283613 casting number.

Mine ends in 39

20170714_145340.jpg

most chrysler part numbers are 7 - 8 digits...

they may have left one off in the original mold and added the last digit later...

I've seen some sell for $250-300. Is this typical? I have a Performer intake and was considering going a different route.

I've seen some sell for $250-300. Is this typical? I have a Performer intake and was considering going a different route.

Yes, they are one of the best street manifolds and are now out of production and getting rarer so they bring some $$$$....

I'm curious on this too. I found this one on CL Mopar and it is the 283613 casting number.
That is a good deal. The last one I sold in that condition brought $284

I'm going by there today to buy some wheels and look at a 8 3/4 rear end for my truck. Alan seems like a decent Mopar guy who is selling off parts to fund a couple of projects.

Both mine are 2836139. If these are sand cast, which they probably were, getting the sand to stay formed for letters and numbers is tough. I have one that you can barely read the "L" of the LD4B. If I do a pencil rubbing , the L shows up. We used to sand cast Hurst T handles in high school shop class. The letters rarely turned out.

Last edited:
That is a good deal. The last one I sold in that condition brought $284

I'm going by there today to buy some wheels and look at a 8 3/4 rear end for my truck. Alan seems like a decent Mopar guy who is selling off parts to fund a couple of projects.

Yeah my dad will try to pick up that manifold tomorrow. Not sure what we'll do or if my dad wants it or if I will try trading it toward some rallye wheels. Just found out mine are bent so that throws a wrench in my plans. Always something!

Yeah my dad will try to pick up that manifold tomorrow. Not sure what we'll do or if my dad wants it or if I will try trading it toward some rallye wheels. Just found out mine are bent so that throws a wrench in my plans. Always something!
What do you need for rallye wheels?

14x6 sbp. These are powdercoated black which I plan to do again. But they're bent enough to where I don't like driving it at 70 mph.

I'm planning on going new just because I don't want another bent set LOL

I have a pair of 14x6's. I should spin them up on the balancer and see if they are true. lol Keep me in mind. Maybe we could trade.

A pair as in two or a pair as in four? Yeah I'm sure 99% of used rallyes available are perfectly round, but after dealing with bent ones I'm just weary. I will let you know though.

A pair as in two or a pair as in four? Yeah I'm sure 99% of used rallyes available are perfectly round, but after dealing with bent ones I'm just weary. I will let you know though.
Just 2 wheels. do you need 4?

Yeah. All 4 are bent. No idea how. Maybe I didn't torque them right at some point? Who knows?

I think Alan has wheels too. I'm buying some American Racing wheels from him today. I'll ask about the Rallye wheels?

I've noticed some LD4B intakes have the part number 2836139 and some have 283613. What's the difference between the two? Are they same intake but the part number had a digit added as production went on?

Here's mine:

LD4B Part #.JPG

Found it on ebay about 8 years ago ($113 shipped to my door).

Yes, they are one of the best street manifolds and are now out of production and getting rarer so they bring some $$$$....
Why does a big company like Edelbrock produce a new Performer Intake when the old LD4B design still is better? Just curious.

I already have one.
I did see two different vendors at Carlisle had some for sale in the $130 range.
I was looking for an LD 340 and did not see any for sale.

Why does a big company like Edelbrock produce a new Performer Intake when the old LD4B design still is better? Just curious.
The molds wear out and sales slow down. People like something new.

-
Back