LD4B part number question

-
Here's mine:

View attachment 1715069774

Found it on ebay about 8 years ago ($113 shipped to my door).

That's a good deal. 7 years after you got yours, I bought one on e-bay for $142 shipped to my door.

Mine, this year for $150 delivered.View attachment 1715069820

You guys got bargains there! I see a couple on E bay now. One auction for $225 and a buy it now for $349. That one is a stretch for sure. Most go for around $2-250.

Why does a big company like Edelbrock produce a new Performer Intake when the old LD4B design still is better? Just curious.

The molds wear out and sales slow down. People like something new.

And Edelbrock won't admit that the LD340. LD4b, & D4B are better than the performer...

And Edelbrock won't admit that the LD340. LD4b, & D4B are better than the performer...
True that Karl. There's some old school cams out there that still work good pretty good also.

A friend used a old CH4B on his 440 build. Dyno'd at just a few ponies from 500 horse with 560 something torque. Redline @ 5500. Some of that old stuff just plain works. Could he have gotten more with another manifold? Sure but pretty impressive numbers for a mild street engine.

if thats true its still strange. If you a have a new product to replace an old product and the new one is worse, you should not put it into the market...

if thats true its still strange. If you a have a new product to replace an old product and the new one is worse, you should not put it into the market...

But if you have already spent the money on the tooling to make the new manifold, you put it on the market and lie to everyone and tell them it's better so you can make the money back that you spent on the new tooling..

True that Karl. There's some old school cams out there that still work good pretty good also.

They can't run as good as the new stuff...

It's designed with the old laws of physics, not the new laws of physics...

The Chinese copied the RPM Airgap with the Crosswind. Maybe they should copy the LD4B?

I read on the Hughes engine test the performer rpm (not performer) flows slightly less than the LD4B but makes more power because of runner design. I like the old school look of the LD though. I'm torn between selling it toward wheels or putting it on lol. Hot rodding on a budget sucks but that's family life :lol:

I read on the Hughes engine test the performer rpm (not performer) flows slightly less than the LD4B but makes more power because of runner design. I like the old school look of the LD though. I'm torn between selling it toward wheels or putting it on lol. Hot rodding on a budget sucks but that's family life :lol:

The Performer RPM is supposed to be ok...

The regular Performer is meh....

Why does a big company like Edelbrock produce a new Performer Intake when the old LD4B design still is better? Just curious.
The Performer is a stock type replacement manifold and the LD4B compares to the RPM manifold (LD4B is better for 318 heads).

Were they manufactured for '64-'65 heads with smaller mounting bolts and an angle and for '66 and later with the 3/8" bolts and a different angle? Maybe one Chrysler # is for an early model and one is for the later model.

Were they manufactured for '64-'65 heads with smaller mounting bolts and an angle and for '66 and later with the 3/8" bolts and a different angle? Maybe one Chrysler # is for an early model and one is for the later model.

The D4B was made for early 273's I believe and the LD4B came later for the standard angle 273 and 318's.

The Performer is a stock type replacement manifold and the LD4B compares to the RPM manifold (LD4B is better for 318 heads).

Exactly. LD4b and LD340 compare to the Performer RPM/Air Gap.

Performer 318/360 was a replacement for the Streetmaster in Ede's series of intakes, IIRC.

Here's a good one to chuckle at while wasting time. Not worth the alluminum used to cast it. The description is funny, especially the last line. Guy is a budding comedy writer.

NOS Edelbrock #2735 Torker 340 Intake Manifold Mopar Small Block 318 340 360

Last edited:
-
Back