learn from others fu#k ups

-
Ah. I've not had to check tdc with the heads off yet.
hes talking about sticking the pencil in the spark plug hole and having it snap when the piston comes up.... why would you check tdc with the heads off any way . lmao chuck derrrrrr

hes talking about sticking the pencil in the spark plug hole and having it snap when the piston comes up.... why would you check tdc with the heads off any way . lmao chuck derrrrrr

Got me George! Lol I've always just used timing marks

Make sure your pant legs aren't frayed while welding or plasma cutting, with your hood down your entire pant leg may be on fire when you begin to wonder why your left leg is kinda warm and a faint burning hair smell. Also you neighbors will find it very entertaining when you run through your yard in a welding hood trying to take your pants off over your boots when its 30 degrees out.

Make sure your pant legs aren't frayed while welding or plasma cutting, with your hood down your entire pant leg may be on fire when you begin to wonder why your left leg is kinda warm and a faint burning hair smell. Also you neighbors will find it very entertaining when you run through your yard in a welding hood trying to take your pants off over your boots when its 30 degrees out.

Roflmao!!! Mental video clip!

Do not climb into the back seat of your buddy's 67 Dart GT after he's Armor Alled the whole interior including the BACK SEAT, (which didn't have seat belts), and he proceeds to try to impress his girlfriend by cutting figure 8's around 2 light poles in the church parking lot across the street from her house.......then later that night taking a short cut downtown to get somewhere ahead of someone by driving on some railroad tracks!!

Don't assume that a flooded parking lot doesn't have park stops and curbs.

Never assume the depth of a puddle larger than your car.

Never buy a used car from a rental company.

Never buy a story, without proof.

Well here is one I just did. I have a set of closed chamber heads off a '66 big block. I set one of them face down on a piece of plywood. Well, moisture condensed under the head, got the plywood wet and it sat for a long time that way. I don't know for sure yet but it looks like I'm down to one closed chamber head. Crap.

Been there

Been there too I feel your pain .

Well here is one I just did. I have a set of closed chamber heads off a '66 big block. I set one of them face down on a piece of plywood. Well, moisture condensed under the head, got the plywood wet and it sat for a long time that way. I don't know for sure yet but it looks like I'm down to one closed chamber head. Crap.

Machine shop time. This is the open opportunity for port, polish, and oversized valves

Never hit your best friend back when he kicks you in the face though a car window cuz your being a dum *** .

Done almost the same thing.
I put a fresh cut willys flat head that was taped to carboard in storage for about 2 years.
When I went to use it it needed re-surfaced.

remember to plug oil pressure sender boss when priming a LA. Itll gush about 6 feet in the air with a good drill on the priming rod.

Those 8 9/16 bolts on the end of a Dana 60 truck axle? They hold more than the drum in place!

Never say "Gotta put more oomph behind this ratchet" when removing the front shock bolts on a 4x4 truck.

Otherwise the socket might jump off the bolt and you'll Hulk Punch the front differential with more torque than a top fuel hemi and end up with a totally FUBAR fingernail :eek:ops:

IMG_0042_zps9b3fc0f9.jpg

The picture sucks, but it split the fingernail in half from one end to the other (lengthwise, along the side), cracked in a few places and lifted about half of the fingernail from the finger. It bled for 5 whole days, been about a month now and its still a lovely shade of gray. The crack (from end to end) will never grow out because it spans the entire length of the nail. (It'll just grow on both sides of the crack. My dad has had a similar cracked fingernail for over 40 years)

The even greater part? 6 to 14 months for the fingernail to grow out enough to reattach the lifted section to the finger :violent1:

-
Back