LEGAL ADVISE

-
I’ll send you a window or other parts you need to fix it but the rest I can’t do you any good. If that will help pm me your address
There is & was nothing wrong with that window. He rolled the window up & down when he got there & he said that it rolled a little hard. I told him that the new cat whiskers & exterior seals would make it roll harder come paired to the old ones. I even greased front & back window regulators for him.

Congrats on opening a shop. This is a good learning experience for you. You know as well as i do that bad news travels farther than good news. With that being said i ran a body shop for 9 years and ive seen damn near everything. If this was a verbal agreement only and you werent a licensed shop at the time then you have no legal requirement to warranty any body or paint work. Its basically a he said she said scenario unfortunately. Sounds to me like you have your ducks in order. Keep all receipts and a detailed list of what he wanted and what you did including what you didn't charge for. Make sure you keep dates of conversations with hum regarding repairs and issues and when you spoke with him. You cant make everyone happy and not every job is a money maker. You cant let that stop you from continuing. Tbh i highly suggest you part ways with him and lawyer up. And when and if it goes to court for some reason and you lose you put a gag order on him for your business sake

@cawley it might be time you got a lawyer, he has made it clear that he is going to try to hold your reputation hostage over this, the idea of pay me or I trash you has legal ramifications, slander is a big deal, do you have this threat in a text or email?
without proof of his accusations, that's all they are, you have rights here too
tell him to either bring you the car or eff off, the only other thing I can think of would be to have a third party do some sort of an appraisal of what he is claiming is wrong, see if he is willing to legally put what he is claiming in black and white

Careful on the”lawyer up”!!! When this happens all dialogue between players stops. You could run the $7000 debt into a $15000 debt. And of course you could win and still pay your lawyer$5000. Don’t know how long this has been going on but it is always better to deal with problems sooner than later because your first loss is usually the smallest loss

Careful on the”lawyer up”!!! When this happens all dialogue between players stops. You could run the $7000 debt into a $15000 debt. And of course you could win and still pay your lawyer$5000. Don’t know how long this has been going on but it is always better to deal with problems sooner than later because your first loss is usually the smallest loss
may be true, but at some point you got to put a stop to the stupid
I'm being kind here, because as soon as the guy threatened me like that the nice nice would have ended

I must be missing something?
This guy has no beef unless the finished paint surface is blistering,swelling, checking or lifting in anyway.
Even dulling out a bit from buffing too soon is harmless.....
Somebody must have been in this guys ear... is my guess.
Again, someone trying to take advantage of another for their own gain.
I have a feeling if it wasnt a new shop/business, guy be long gone

Thats bullshit
Good luck.

D.

Well, PAINT aside, which is what I believe OP was only asked/paid to do, there were "liberties/extras" done that were NOT requested. You have opened up a can of worms by doing that. Sorry, wish you the best and realize you were trying to be the "nice guy".

So HE broke his own window. Not you...
he says its broke because it rolls up & down harder than it did if anyone has put on new inner catwhiskers & outer seals the window will roll up & down harder

-
Back