Let's see your Dodge pickups

-
A-Body III.. I bought one of those Power Wagons new
Mine was a 78 with the last of the 400 big blocks.
Got made fun of allot being called a "Clown Wagon"
I was living in Pa at the time and it rusted away to nothing in 4 years !

A-Body III.. I bought one of those Power Wagons new
Mine was a 78 with the last of the 400 big blocks.
Got made fun of allot being called a "Clown Wagon"
Funny that you would mention it. Never heard the "Clown Wagon" thing, but that's a good one. I bought a new 1979 4x4 Roundup Power Wagon in late '78 (and still have it). At that time I thought the Macho PW was the most hideous, outlandish, and impractal truck produced. Over the ensuing 44 years, a LRE, a Warlock, and to round out the collection, the Macho followed me home (a 3 year journey). These trucks were allergic to road salt. The two restored trucks came from CA., the LRE truck was never driven in salt, and my survivor truck always had the salt washed off it asap.
Here's a pic of the one that started it all 44 years ago...still wearing it's original paint...even the wheels.
PS. With the yellow wheels the '79s would be more deserving of that Clown Wagon name than a '78. :rofl:

DSCN4200.JPG

DSCN4201 (1).JPG

Last edited:
A non-mopar friend of mine bought an 87 half ton short bed /6 auto, pickup that had been sitting for a couple years in a guy's driveway. We've been tinkering with it, working on it now for about a month and a half. He is driving it back and forth to work now and has fallen in love with his truck. Up until that point he'd always give me bs about my Mopars but he is just crazy about this truck now. He bought it for $400 and then spent $600 on tires and wheels and lug nuts. We put a new exhaust system on it, 2 1/2 inch with a turbo muffler on it the truck is actually pretty quiet. The guy that he got it from had set the timing it at 20° before and the exhaust gas line that went up to the smog pump had rusted in 2
It was idling at 2200 RPM. So needless to say it was a mess. We're getting it sorted out.

20221127_133158.jpg

as she is , lots of great to useable parts here . note it still has a glove box liner and an old reg card , looks like when she was new .

DSC03889.JPG

DSC03890.JPG

DSC03891.JPG

DSC03892.JPG

DSC03893.JPG

DSC03894.JPG

DSC03895.JPG

DSC03896.JPG

These trucks were allergic to road salt.
Radiator support was gone in the first 2 years. Local dealer was stocking them to keep up with the need.
Bottoms of both doors and both bed sides needed replaced by 1982. I even had it rust proofed.Musta been a poor job of it.

Pic from this past summer showing my D200 after it towed my '70 Duster to the track. The 360 did a much better job after I fixed the weak fuel pump lol, the secondaries actually do something now although not much with the 2-bbl cam.

20220625_162013.jpg

A non-mopar friend of mine bought an 87 half ton short bed /6 auto, pickup that had been sitting for a couple years in a guy's driveway. We've been tinkering with it, working on it now for about a month and a half. He is driving it back and forth to work now and has fallen in love with his truck. Up until that point he'd always give me bs about my Mopars but he is just crazy about this truck now. He bought it for $400 and then spent $600 on tires and wheels and lug nuts. We put a new exhaust system on it, 2 1/2 inch with a turbo muffler on it the truck is actually pretty quiet. The guy that he got it from had set the timing it at 20° before and the exhaust gas line that went up to the smog pump had rusted in 2
It was idling at 2200 RPM. So needless to say it was a mess. We're getting it sorted out.

View attachment 1716015998
That is a great looking truck.
I picked up an 85 short box a month or so ago 440, 727, 8.75
Just going thru it fixing some of the previous owners mess.

-
Back