Lets talk A/C installs with the Gen3 Hemi

-
Question, does a factory low mount compressor clear the K-member?

It doesn't with power steering. Bouchillon Performance swears it will fit with a manual steering box (I'm assuming if you cut the back tab off). Also, I'm pretty sure my engine mount is bolted to a rear AC bolt on the motor. I think you'd be the first to try with a Borgeson box.

Hopefully someone else can chime in.

Gdemon had to offset the factory AC Pump, as I know a few others have done as well.

I'm using a Sanden 7176 SD7B10 compressor. Pulled a vacuum on the system today, and I'm currently waiting to confirm there are no leaks. I can outline the use of that compressor if anyone is interested. The thing is TINY (and it's output is tiny as well - 100cc or 6.1 ci).

the factory a/c does not fit with the K member it hits the motor mount no matter what bouchelon (sp) says I had to get a mini A/C unit to get everything to fit. I have their factory A/C unit if you want to buy it from me and see that it does not fit, instead of buying it from them.

No cutting will help

I think I have some pics of my A/C bracket that i had to make on my site. Cutting off the tabs does not help either. You need to cut off half the A/C pump.

I plan to cut original mounts off the K and make my own spool type with a clean sheet.

Plan accordingly and you'll fit the factory compressor I'm sure. Well, that is if the borgeson box isn't too much in the way.

What's the status on the tti headers for the borgeson box and 6.1 heads?

-
Back