Life long 340 project

-

1bad340

Reaction score
Im new to the site and i have an obsession with mopars.My love is for all things mopar but especially the 340. I grew up hearing stories from my dad and uncles about there mopars and ive been hooked since. I was givin a 340 for a christmas present when i was 15 and it sat in my dads garage till about 2 yrs ago when i found a 70 dart swinger. The motor is now sitting on a stand 6 grand later and ive been doing what i can with the funds i have available. I have an 8.75 rear w/391 posi a freshened up 727 w/ a mild shift kit. I am currently having a 3" spring kit installed so i can put a little bigger tire under it. The car has been really rough to work with but it will be worth it in the end. I am so close i can smell the tire smoke now.I have never ridin in any car with a 340 but yet i have this really crazy passion for this motor.I cant explain it.I hope these stories from my family are true and this car scares me like they say it will.Im EXCITED TO BE A PART OF ABODIES ONLY! I know there is alot of info out there and im lookin forward to bein a part of the community.

Welcome to FABO, One Bad.
I grew up in Greensburg right up the road from you, and worked in and around Scottdale, Mt. Pleasant, etc., and still have family in GBG and Latrobe.
Post up some photos when you get a chance.

Welcome to the FABO family!
Lots of good people on here.
Sounds like a great project you have there.
I can't think of a better Christmas present for a 15 year old than a 340!
How about some pics?

You are gonna love doing burnouts with that 340! I sure do but I kinda worry about the lower end since I did not build the engine. Now considering a stroker and letting the 340 get a little rest on a stand.

I can understand the whole bunch on money sitting on a stand. My 340 has a BUNCH of money in it and it still is sitting in the shop waiting on it's final part (down stroke crank scraper). You know how much power your motor is making? You have a flat tappet or roller cam in it?

Welcome! My friend had a mild 340 gts dart w/ ported heads and a 292 purple shaft. (not sure if it was a 68 or 69) Wow. 7k daily for years on the street. Just singing a song. What is it about 340s that make them spin those RPMs so easily?

welcome to FABO! yeah, those high winding 340s are a bunch of fun...I'v owned plenty of them over the years, besides a bunch of big block mopars as well. Enjoy!

-
Back