Life

-
Thank you guys for so much of your help. Just reading your stories let's me know that I am not alone on this. Talking to someone last night made me realiZe that. It's the most selfish thing I could ever do.. Right now I'm trying to make an appointment for counselling. Becaus the hospital said my case wasn't severe enough for them to cover. Im going to go back to my old therapist that helped me with anger. And to bE honest. Reading all the stories made my eyes water. Just knowing how much you guys care. Again, thank you all for the support and stories

I shed a happy tear when I seen this post from you Mike :happy10:
I am so happy and proud of you right now :cheers:

My Dad took his life when I was 19. There are many things I never got to say to him, many things he never got the chance to teach me. So many conversations, laughs, and even arguements we never had. He never got to meet my amazing wife. Never walked his 2 daughters down the aisle at their weddings. Never got to see the man I have worked so hard to become.

I miss him daily, dream of him often, and sometimes am so F-ing MAD at him for not being here. Suicide is forever.

Situations change, things get better, time passes... You may feel like crappy now, but give life a chance.

JOE

Wow I just read this thread and Mike I am glad to see you were able to find some comfort in the members caring messages. They are a great bunch around here in A body world and you have a lot of people here to listen and help. I was told once to try and find at least one thing everday of your life to smile about, big or small does not matter, just find one thing to smile about, because one smile can remove many dark thoughts. Remember bad times are not permanent but suicide most certainly is, always ask for help it is only a phone call or mouse click away.

Mark

Thank you guys for so much of your help. Just reading your stories let's me know that I am not alone on this. Talking to someone last night made me realiZe that. It's the most selfish thing I could ever do.. Right now I'm trying to make an appointment for counselling. Becaus the hospital said my case wasn't severe enough for them to cover. Im going to go back to my old therapist that helped me with anger. And to bE honest. Reading all the stories made my eyes water. Just knowing how much you guys care. Again, thank you all for the support and stories

Way to go Mike. We all were just here, YOU are the one who gave the finger to the devil. Maybe you might suggest to a Mod this thread be changed to " Life ".

I haven't got a chance to meet you yet, but I'm here along with the rest of the FABO family to throw out support :happy8: I'm glad it's going better.

Hang in there Mike,we will help you through this together. Better days ahead!!:cheers:

Hey man I've been there myself, but damn glad I never went through with it. After years of counseling and the help of medication I'm happy to say I'm still here and things are alot better. I was never one to talk about my problems and most of my friends and family didn't know I was depressed(I hid it well). I deffinately recommend getting help it's well worth it and your friends and family with appreciate you and support you through it all. By the look of the responses to your post it looks like you have alot of support right here on FABO.....:happy10:

Glad to see your getting help..been sitting here reading through the six pages with tears in my eyes. I had a good friend, fishing partner, hunting buddy, take his life over a fight with his wife, and my best friend when I was a kid took his life over losing his job of 14 years and my cousin and another friend over coke deals gone bad...I miss them all along with alot of other people. I wish I had something enlightening to say but you got alot of good advise and comments..stick to the therapy and you'll get through.

Dave

Reading words can bring you as much needed help as hearing them can. This forum and family here is proof of that! Glad to see you are feeling better. Open up, trust me you arent alone, lots of good people here to help and to listen.

Definetly glad to here things are looking better for you. I've personally dealt with my grandfather and a good friend of mine who took their lives. It was difficult and confusing times for all who were effected. Keep your chin up!!

This thread was scary when it was first posted, I had the shakes, Now tear's of joy Thank You for asking for help Mike. you guy's here at f.a.b.o. are tremendous at being there for those in need God Bless You all! This Is truely a great family and your Kindness and caring surely don't go unnoticed. mike you are very thoughtful to share how you feel with us and we appreciate you being here for us too.

God bless you Mike. We find many things in life that get us down and some things may even take us to the point that you had come to. I am so glad that you have chosen to get help and have chosen life. I pray that this cloud that has been over you will disappear and you will soon have a greater desire than ever to live life to it's fullest. Bless you brother!

Glad to hear you're still with us lil' brother! Remember it's the devil that puts those thoughts in our heads. And when he does, you gotta kick him square in the nuts!

Score: Mike = 1, Devil = 0

Go back to my other post for the rules.
#1 God, Family, Beer
#2 Suicide is not an option
#4 Live life stronger than death

It'll help get ya through.

Again, you're our brother and we love ya man!

Wylde1.

Like everyone here I am very relieved to hear you are alright. Look at yourself in the mirror and smile at the knowledge that you passed a test in life and now you know something you didn't know before. In the future you will find this experience has prepared you to help others and made you a stronger person. Good job!

that would be a very good idea bargeahead, and I LOVE MY FAMILY HERE!

Very happy to hear.
Love ya man! No I'm not drunk! Like a brother thing!!! LOL!!!8)

I really like the new title to the thread!:cheers:

I shed a happy tear when I seen this post from you Mike :happy10:
I am so happy and proud of you right now :cheers:

Well said...I couldn't think of how to say it...I am actually at peace now that I have read you are okay. I'm glad you got some help...."Life" was a perfect new name for this thread. Hang in there my friend...

Just think last night you where never going to reach 2,000 posts.
Now you just may catch up with MEMIKE.

Your not alone, many people have been in your world to some extent.
I was once a 15 yr old and am now pushing 42, life will always get tough and you will find a way to overcome the stupid ****.You will look back on this and say "Stupid ****" what the hell was I thinking.

People whom you have never met have your best intersts in mind.
FABO 4EVER.

By the way you helped me get to my "500"...........Thanks

And you got 4,000 veiws in 2 days, thats got to be a FABO record LOL

this thread is very inspiring.
one of the most positive things ive seen on the internet (which though it helps us make our cars better - we all know it is full of negativity and filth most of the time. people looking to push buttons, act aggressive, and create tension and stress to others.)

when i joined FABO it was just for car parts,
i never imagined i'd be so proud to be a member of a group of individuals of character.

my best friends dad killed himself when we were in high school.
simply put, his family will never recover.
a great friend from college jumped off his roof in '02 - talented guy who should have asked for help. makes me sad to this day.

glad you know help is out there

wow man I just saw this , this is not the way to take care of any thing I have burried two buddies in the last year so take it from me this is hard on everyone so for your family and your self get some help if you need to talk dont hesitate to pm anyone here we are family and are here to help just dont I cant stress enough how this subject hits home to me so i am glad you are getting started and talking to someone about this pm me
joren

I just got off of work and am so relived to see you posting ..LIFE! Mike.:-DI,m so glad you,ve overcome this stepping stone on your way to being a young man with so many good times ahead of you.God bless FABO and it,s members for being there for a member in need.:cheers:Mike,maybe now is the time to hanker down,put all this behind you and find that A-body to keep your mind and hands occupied.Stay strong and good things will come your way!Your bud..Scott/Pettybludart:read2:

-
Back