Life

-
i have thought about it quite often in my life, but i cannot bring myself to taking the greatest gift that god has given me. if you ever think about suicide, look up what the bible says about it. it has stopped me because i want to be in heaven for eternity when this short period in time we call life is over. i have finally seen a doctor to be put on an anti-depressant and it has helped me cope with things better. besides, i look at my 19 month old daughter and couldnt do that to her. everything will work out in time. glad you have gotten help.

Thank's for sharing your knowledge of the bible on this subject justin.Very thoughtful and well spoken :cheers:
i have thought about it quite often in my life, but i cannot bring myself to taking the greatest gift that god has given me. if you ever think about suicide, look up what the bible says about it. it has stopped me because i want to be in heaven for eternity when this short period in time we call life is over. i have finally seen a doctor to be put on an anti-depressant and it has helped me cope with things better. besides, i look at my 19 month old daughter and couldnt do that to her. everything will work out in time. glad you have gotten help.

Well if you are even thinking about it PLEASE talk to an expert 1st!

Sometimes and in mostall cases it is like when you have a a BAD COLD, but in this case it is all in your mind and causes depression. Sometimes tlking to a PRO can fix it, sometimes you may needs med temporary to fix it, it is just like being sick, there is nothing wrong with you, it is NOT your fault.

It is just a state of mind and can be cured.

GOD BLESS YOU please talktop a pro OK

We need you to stick around!

Fell better buddy.

what ever/who ever is was over, it's not worth that.

If it's over a chick, just beat the sht outta who ever she'll be going for next.
If it's chemical imbalance, find yerself a cool chick to hang with and hook up.

If it's family shtting on you, leave and take a break, time away will change their view for the better.

I'm no doctor though, just someone who's been there.

Mike. Life is a adventure. You are only at the beginning of the trip. In any adventure there are trials and tribulations. With any adventure there can be rocky terrain. Its best to tackle that rough terrain head on and see what beauty lies beyond the next mountain. There are still grandure sites to see, fun to be had, things to be done. Put one foot forward and brace for the day. The rocky terrain will not go on forever and will smooth out.

-RPM

what are your guys' thoughts on suicide, and whats the most painless way to do it
?
One of the best pieces of advice I ever got was from my grandmother who ived to be 98. With any dversity she always said: "This too shall pass".
Pretty good advice from a woman who only made it through the 8th grade and went fromt the horse and buggy age to the jet age. She experienced 2 world wars, the great depression, and all sorts of ups and downs.
All the advice you got from all the wonderful members of this site is good stuff.
Keep your chin up and "This too shall pass">

Harv

Man, don't do that. A kid in the next town did that, but was found by his parents and ended up brain-dead.:angry7: I have never been depressed, but I have anger problems. Ended up figuring out that by playing pool by myself every night at a relatives, it helped. (Let me relax, couldn't do that anywhere else.) Did that the night my girlfriend dumped me, and didn't even think about it.

Mike. Life is a adventure. You are only at the beginning of the trip. In any adventure there are trials and tribulations. With any adventure there can be rocky terrain. Its best to tackle that rough terrain head on and see what beauty lies beyond the next mountain. There are still grandure sites to see, fun to be had, things to be done. Put one foot forward and brace for the day. The rocky terrain will not go on forever and will smooth out.

-RPM
Well said RPM! Mike I hope you are doing better, and from me to everyone else on this site, you folks have to be the best friends anyone could have. You are the most caring, giving, and compassionate people I have ever been associated with. I wish I could meet each one of you personally!
Garland

I noticed you`re in B.C. , you need to go check out the Olympics! It`s not every day you have the Olympics in your backyard. It would be the opportunity of a lifetime and the chance to meet people from all over the world. Mostly it will get your mind off such dark thoughts.

I noticed you`re in B.C. , you need to go check out the Olympics! It`s not every day you have the Olympics in your backyard. It would be the opportunity of a lifetime and the chance to meet people from all over the world. Mostly it will get your mind off such dark thoughts.

I like that advice Longgone.He probably would benefit from talking to some of the athlete's to see what you can accomplish if you put your mind to it.

what are your guys' thoughts on suicide, and whats the most painless way to do it? This better be a joke!!!
I lost one of my closest friends last June 23......I still miss him terribly...Had 5 kids and was unemployed....It's Never painless.....It's just selfish and mean to everyone else.......Get some help or maybe WE need to interviene...You still have your whole life ahead of you. Call a hot line

Good morning Mike :hello2: I was wondering where you have been to bud.
It's the hard times in life that makes us stronger and this thing will pass and I am so happy you are going to see someone to help you grow past this :supz:
Life was not fair to me as a child and as a young man, But I am one of the best of the best around here on the hill because of my hard times in life, There will be people that will need your help and love so keep you chin up and keep learning and living life that we have been given.
Us Mike's are the strong one's ya know,
We are the strength of the world and we will need you on our side :cheers:
I have raised two son's and I sure would like to hear from you Mike
Please pm me so we can talk on the phone and share a smile with each other. Have some one quote you what the bible said Michael will do one day
I am so glad you are on the right track Mike :cheers: Lets enjoy a great life that is in the near future young Man 8)
Prayers sent asking for wisdom and strength that will make this thing you was thinking about be gone from your mind [-o<
Your Arkansas friend Mike S.

Mike,
As the father of a 17 year old son who decided to do the same thing you have contemplated(and succeeding) I can tell you there is no worse way out of whatever is hurting you know. I am glad to see(after reading this thread) that you have seeked help and have so much support here on this board. To those on this board I salute you for getting involved.
These days are harder than ever for teens and the peer pressure is unbelievable. 10 years ago when Joey(my son) took his life, suicide was THE leading cause of death among caucasian teenage male. Six months after Joey's suicide death his best friend Paul committed suicideand in a period of 1 year the circle of friends and schools involved saw 8 suicide deaths among teens. It's an unbelievable stat that just shouldn't be but is. I spent a couple of years working with the education community in seminars, etc. to try to help deal with the problem on a state level to try to curb this issue. I hope that I had some effect on prevention as the devastation and hurt left behind those who chose this route is unbelieveable.
If anyone hears of someone contemplating suicide please reach out and talk to that person(just as many of you did here) and if anyone here ever contemplates this move please reach out, believe me when I say "you are not alone." JMT.

Well, I lost 2 of my best friends at different times in my life to suicide.... I wish I knew more at the time as they never discussed anything with anyone. We were all shocked. Please get this thought out of your head.....

Do us all a favor and sit down and think of all the things in life that bring a smile to your face. No matter how small. The rest is just a road block that you must figure a way to get around. Perserverence and positive attitude can do wonders for your self esteem. If you need to vent, find a close friend or family member that can just lend an ear. sometimes just venting can make you feel a whole lot better.

I sent you a pm with scripture and a few videos to help out, I had two class mates that took the wrong way out of life, a girl that was 15 years old, and my friend that found out he had cancer. Sitting at school in the class they were in wasnt easy, from every day on it was silent.

I forgot to add this, In the bible it states " He who hates his life shall hold on to it forever, but he who loves it sets it free" Think about it, if you hate your life, your living in hell and you will live the hell for eternity, but if you let it go and live for something better, your suffering will turn to joy.

My heart goes out to you Mike. Sounds like you are doing the right thing.
You have a great life ahead of you and a lot of good friends that love you.

Tony

Ron Middleton

Welcome aboard and , well, that is one hell of a first post you gave there.

You and I share a little thing in common and that would be an understanding first hand that no parent should bury there kid. My boy dies extremely young. My heart seriously breaks for all parents that have had there kid go away even if it was a few years.

To the FABO crew, Great job!

Get well bayyum, take it easy and light. No worries, were are here anytime.

the only thing I can add is that no matter how good or bad something is - it always is temporary - it always changes.

How about telling us about your car? your Mopar stuff? I'm sure we're all ears to see what you have going on with Mopars. I have not seen any posts from you regarding them - so lets hear!

I think I can say this Mike you have a great family here at FABO that loves you and don't want anything but the best for you and we are here for you for support and all the members care WE ARE ONE BIG FAMILY

Hey mike! it's Tom, we talked on the phone a couple of months back about a hang 10 project car.
I care about you Mike and so do all of us.
I know you were going to ask someone out, and if it didn't work out phone me again.
It's not worth it and just for a chick????
Phone me if you need to talk, i am your friend. anytime! phone me 403-394-3730.
This is serious mike and i am sincere.
You got a lot going for you and don't be a statistic.
You are a lot better and stronger than that, beleive me!
Phone me any time collect. And we'll have a man to man.
Do It!
I/We miss you on here and we want back the old "Emiril live BAYYYYUM!"
Sincerely,
Tom.
Or p.m. memike, he seems to have the most cool head on this site.
Try him or me by phone.

Mike, you are a major part of the FABO family and we miss you when you are not posting. You are on the right track in getting help and this is comming from someone that has been where you are. Feel free to PM if you would like. I am around most of the time day and night.
Bill

I will put you into my prayers. May the Lord above heal you and bless you. You are a child of God! When I first saw this post I was thinking "Doors?" Not the actual act of taking ones own life. You are loved by those that have never met you. And you are loved by God who has known you before you were born, and loves you without condition.

May the peace of the Lord be always with you!

John D. Beckerley
Austin, Texas

I dunn guys. Jus got back from the hospital. And I got an appointmentfor tommorow sometime. Whoever phoned in for me.... I want to say thank you. And give you a great big bear hug. Pm me... Whoever you are

LIFE is a GOOD choice! There are a bunch of absolutly wonderful guys on here, they/we are all here for you! At 54, I've seen a daughter attempt this and carried an exwife out of my bed who attempted this, They are both with us today! My 6 year old granddaughter is the light of my life and I Love her Mom (my daughter) thru thick & thin!

If you want to chat PM me!

-
Back