list of terms only Mopar people know

-
I've got one that no one mentioned. It's from the sixties so some of our younger members might not have heard of it. Hustlestuff. Bobby

Engine callout
White Hat special
Spring Special
Se

For some reason as I read the answers, I wonder if Cheech and Chong were consultants for naming some of these things. " Hey man that cars purple, but it needs a really cool name like I don't know, Purple Haze." No man get it right Holmes, only Mexican Americans would like that man. It's gotta be something cool and hip like Plum Crazy man, so the white people will dig it man.""You are so right man." "What about the orange color?" I don't know man but I could go for some mangos right now." "Righteous..."

LMAO!!! I just read your script in their voices for my wife!

Hockey Stick
Billboard
Strobe
Bumble Bee

Shark Tooth
Rocker Gills
Cheese Grater
Coyote Duster

:burnout:

Orange box.

Super stock springs. - Also available from Ford and GM in the 60's and very early 70's.

Frame connectors. Available for all cars with sub frames.

Bulkhead connector. - also standard for all American manufacturers.

Ignition 1 and ignition 2.

Magnetic pickup. (Magnetic Pick up coil)

High Impact. MoPar paint colors

Factory altered wheelbase. GM and a factory altered wheel based on the Nova.

Fender-mounted turn signal. - Also available on Cadillacs in the 60's and 70's. And Hood mounted turn signals were available on Mustangs I think 1968 was the first year.

Did Slap Stik get mentioned yet?

Performance Clinic.

Cop wheels. All American manufacturers.

Inboard or offset springs.

Aluminum master cylinder.

Magnesium cross ram.

Beak hood.

Bird bath hood.

Super Commando.

Gator Grain.

59 degree lifter angle.

W2.

How about those things that Brand-Xer's make up, like;

Izzat a Hemi 440?

Izzat a Hemi Six Pack?

Izzat a Tri Power? - "Tri Power" is originally a Pontiac term for the GTO 389 with 3 2 bbl carbs. Also used to describe triple carb'd 'VETTES".

RB means "race block" - Actually, "RB" "raised Block". referring to deck height. Essentially it a Raised deck B block.

"frame off restoration" - Any brand.

"posi" "Posi" is GM terminology. MoPar is "Sure Grip".

-
Back