List your MPG on your transplant 5.7 or 6.1

New Hemi Engine Swaps

1. Map63Vette

Map63Vette Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:18 AM
    I just got back from a cruise this weekend and managed 21.5 on my car if the gas tank filled up right. I've swapped to a T56 with a 0.5 overdrive some time ago and have continued to work on my tune. I have an aftermarket tank that never really knows when it's full though, so I'm never sure that I put the same amount of fuel in it each time I fill it since it will kick off auto-fill on most pumps early (like, right after you turn it on early). I ended up doing around 250 miles and change on 11.5 gallons, so I was pretty happy. All highway for the most part. 20 was the magic number I always wanted to hit, so seems it will do that on the highway at least.

• Like Like x 2
    • ghinmi

ghinmi Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      9:18 AM
      On the way to Drag Week I had a couple legs on 87 octane that I got 21 mpg. I ran a 50% ethanol mixture during the week which knocked mileage down some, as well as the 14 quarter mile passes. Still got 15.4 mpg average for the whole trip. Not bad for a mid 10 second Jeep.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.