Little Red Express

-

SleeperScamp

Reaction score
Anybody on here ever have one of these ?????? Lets here about it....
redtruck.jpg

Long ago, my girlfriend's dad had one. It was a 360 and had a stock dual intake air cleaner and supposedly had more rated HP than even the vette in that year. Sorry I can't be of more help.

i had one as a daily driver a few years ago. was a cool truck. ran pretty good. wasn't fast enough for me. i wanted to stick a 440 in it but friends talked me out of it because it was so original. so i got bored and sold it... drove it 7 hours out to the nats a couple times. nice and easy to pack being a pick up..lol

132202374.jpg

132202376.jpg

132202368.jpg

132202358.jpg

How about a Midnight Express Truck... anyone know anything about these oddballs?

sk26.jpg

from what a midnight owner told me a few years ago they were a dealer thing. started as warlocks and bolted the express stuff on them. you could get any motor in them from what he told me. even up to a 440 because it was a warlock option.

redtruck.jpg

I bought a three year old LRE similar to this in 1982. I was going to community college and gas was just over a buck a gallon.

It was a good looking truck and turned a lot of heads but wasn't nearly as fast as everyone makes them out to be. At least mine wasn't. It ran very rich, and spit black soot out the exhaust and on to the rear fenders. We had the carb apart a dozen times and couldn't figure it out. We were dumb kids.

Ended up selling it in 1985 and used the funds to go to a state university to complete my degree. Wish I had one as clean as in the picture today. I see them on Ebay occasionally.

I had a 77 clone with a built 383/A833/8 3/4 with SG 3.91 for a few years. That truck was a friggin monster! I would love to have another some day.

I have a 78 Lil' red Express rust free cab and doors & tail gate will let it all go for 2000

My fiance drove her Dad's to high school when I met her at Mopars at the Strip with it. Her Dad and I put a new engine in it (rebuilt factory 360) over last Christmas and got it running again. He's gettin it ready for fresh paint

It ran very rich, and spit black soot out the exhaust and on to the rear fenders. We had the carb apart a dozen times and couldn't figure it out.

that is more from the condensate that gathers in the elbows below the steps thats causes that more then a carb problem

that is more from the condensate that gathers in the elbows below the steps thats causes that more then a carb problem

Yeah, we realized that as it sat outside every night, but the carb had other issues that we could never work out. I was constantly waxing and wiping those rear fenders to keep that black soot off of them. Don't get me started on the cheap chrome wheels!

OK, gotta put a picture of my '78 D300 1-ton dually in here. It's an Adventurer Special Edition with a factory-original low-compression 440 and a Dana 70 4.11 rear end.
julie_dually.jpg

"the carb had other issues that we could never work out."

Was it a ThermoQuad?? If so, it sounds like the O-rings on the metering tubes were worn out. Bought new O-rings at the hardware store and solved the problem.

I love those old dodge trucks, I have had a bunch. Had a warlock once but it was just a 318 truck. I would trade my 01 ram for a 77 or 78 adventurer in a second if I could afford the gas they drink.

ramtruck.JPG

frontpic.JPG

did they have a muffler before the stack or was it all straight pipe?? i do know that the lil reds had 360s that were pretty solid and built strong. i forgot but i think i saw some where that they gave 78 vettes a run for there money. and i also saw that a 76 Dart Sport ran stock 15.5 to a 76 vettes 15.03. Mopar rules

Was it a ThermoQuad?? If so, it sounds like the O-rings on the metering tubes were worn out. Bought new O-rings at the hardware store and solved the problem.

Yes it was, and that is very possible. Like I said, we didn't know squat about carbs. Still don't.

I love those old dodge trucks, I have had a bunch. Had a warlock once but it was just a 318 truck. I would trade my 01 ram for a 77 or 78 adventurer in a second if I could afford the gas they drink.

Yeah, I love my Dodge truck too. Fuel injection is in the plans to try to make it somewhat more wallet friendly. I'm thinking a Mega-Squirt controller and Edelbrock manifold and throttle body.

I missed one for sale at a salvage yard a few years back. Then looked at one f/10,000.00 that I should have bought. I have a 78 Adventurer club cab thats a stock 78,000 mile truck. Looks like new inside and out. Still has all California smog stuff on it. Still has original windsheild with all the Chrysler smog info on it. I stole it for 1300.00. I would post some pictures but I'm at work in Kuwait. What sucks is it's to stock and clean to hot rod. I also have a 78 short box Power Wagon that I put 3/4 ton running gear under that has been a great truck.

I have a buddy who works at the dodge dealership has a lil red express. Also know of this gal that still has a black warlock that she cruzed in back in the 80s

-
Back