Longer wheel studs?

-
I have done my best to help you on this thread. I have had to pry information out of you all the way. Also just so you know there has been plenty of PMs sent to me about this. Others have chosen to avoid you instead of posting on the thread because your "know it all attitude" showed up quite early. Why did you even bother to come here and ask since you know it all? You see the "Thanked 126 Times in 123 Posts" under my id? Most of these came from helping people that appreciate it.

I wouldn't let you work on my grand children's bike because your work is sub-standard to say it nicely.

its all good Bill, when those 1/4 spacers overheat and come apart , and the studs start snapping off going down the road, hopefully nobody is coming the opposite direction and gets a wheel through the windshield.
1/4 inch spacers are well known to be dangerous

heres two cents worth

Attachments

• fat-girls-and-fries.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 248
Anybody know where to get longer wheel studs for a 70 Dart? With the wheel/ tire/brake combo on this car ,I needed to run 1/4" wheel spacers. Now the studs need to be a little longer...1/2" would do it. Would consider changing to 1/2" thread also.
Any part numbers would be appreciated
Factory disc brake rotors and original 8 3/4 rear....
Thanks....Pete

Wow, now you guys got me wondering. The spacers are 1/4", I had them custom made. They fit flush all the way to the mounting surface... They aren't getting hung up on anything. The wheels I believe are Wheel Vintiques ( don't Know for sure because the customer supplied them). I also ran into an issue with the rear also. when this rear-end housing was manufactured back in 1970, the leaf spring perches were welded on offset to one side . With the factory wheels and tires, this would not be a problem. I would guess that you wouldn't even notice. But while trying to fill up the wheel wells with a wider wheel/ tire, one side was 3/8" from rubbing on the leaf spring while the other side... maybe you could slide a couple or 3 bussiness cards in there. Short story long, I'm also running a 1/4" spacer on the rear and I have the same short stud problem there. When I go back to the shop on monday I will take a pic of the rear with-out the spacer so you can see how the stud / lugnut looks.
Thanks for the replies guys alot of good info is here

Also i will add that without the calipers on or the spacer, these wheels will bolt right on

Ever heard of off set spring shackles or rewelding the perches in the correct location. Why fix it right when you can cobble it?

The car came with Kelsey hayes front disc brakes. It now has those same rotors and SSBC replacement bolt on calipers.
I'm beginning to think that these wheels are the problem. Can any one here running a factory wheel spin off one of your lugnuts and maybe try to measure how much stud is sticking out? I'm gonna do the same with these wheels so we got something to compare
Again thanks for your input....Pete

And how long did it take you to figure that out... Post 43.

its all good Bill, when those 1/4 spacers overheat and come apart , and the studs start snapping off going down the road, hopefully nobody is coming the opposite direction and gets a wheel through the windshield.
1/4 inch spacers are well known to be dangerous

did someone say weigh in ? LOL

LOL, that is a good picture above. ^^^^^^^^

Well, it only took him until post 43 to tell us that the car has SSBC replacement bolt on calipers.

Don't worry they will stay on.... unless they FALL OFF!!!!!​

Attachments

• _47654521_buemi.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 242
If anybody needs longer studs ,what ever you do, don't use these studs...They won't work ... :prayer: :prayer: Bill says so

(A) Knurl Diameter .568,
Thread Size 1/2-20,
(L1) Under Head Length 2.970,
(L2) Knurl Length .710,
(L3) Nose Length .465,
ARP Wheel Studs 100-7706

7/16-20 x 1-31/32"
• Knurl Diameter: .565"
• Shoulder Length: 1-1/16"

These won't be seated in the hub as deep as they are supposed to be.

http://www.northernautoparts.com/ProductModelDetail.cfm?ProductModelId=23681

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d...l=Barracuda&vi=1228610&keyword=wheel+lug+stud

If anybody needs longer studs ,what ever you do, don't use these studs...They won't work ... :prayer: :prayer: Bill says so

You think you are better than the enginneers so why don't you start your own product line?

Proof is in the numbers above and they are here for the attorneys if someone gets hurt because of your poor workmanship.

arp-100-7706_w_m.jpg

attachment.php

Pete....Too lazy to fix the car correctly.... so just cobble it up.

-
Back