Look Ma...new shoes Part 2

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
What do ya think? I had these Cragars for awhile and finally mounted tires on them and slapped them on. The rears are 15x7 with 255/60R15 tires, the fronts are vintage 15x4 front runners from a 68 SS Cuda with 165R15 tires. The tires don't rub in the rear but are close, stock wheel wells and 8 3/4 rear :thumblef:

I have several sets of rims and tires I like to play with, thought I would let it roll on these for awhile.

Attachments

• Picture 4228.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 289
Sorry Keith, I'm partial to your old look of the blacked out steelies in the back and the Halibrand style frontrunners, it makes your car look so tough!!! The Cragars are OK, and any rim on your car is cool, but I like the SS look!!! Geof

Sorry Keith, I'm partial to your old look of the blacked out steelies in the back and the Halibrand style frontrunners, it makes your car look so tough!!! The Cragars are OK, and any rim on your car is cool, but I like the SS look!!! Geof

I'm with him.

I also think it looks quite tuff. It is a haus type rim and tire combo. Makes me think you can be driving down the highway and take a right turn on dirt road doing 90 spitting gravel all over the place.

I like the new look better
but I think theres still room for improvement, just a bit too much shine

Race trim first picture =P~
Then street trim :cheers:

I vote race trim :happy10: first picture =P~
Your 66 would look good in hub caps :-D

Attachments

• Picture%20659.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 210
  • Picture%204228.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 221

Yup, I like them too but the old 1950's bias tires on the aluminum mags were finally wearing out. I think it would look better with the black steelies with the M/T Street ET's back on the rear so I will put them on soon. Plus, the Cragar skinnies on the front were used for drag duty in the late 60's so they have a little patina on them, they look better on the car, the rears are brand new and are too shiney.

Race trim first picture =P~
Then street trim :cheers:

I vote race trim :happy10: first picture =P~
Your 66 would look good in hub caps :-D

Yup, when I get the car painted I want to get 4 rims done in body color with the Valiant dog dishes,also a seperate hood painted without a hole in it (if possible) I always wanted the sleeper look, but I also love the loud and obnoxious, "in your face" look too :snakeman:

I noticed after resizing my pic it didn't turn out so good so I will get some better pics.

I love Cragars.. and they look good on your car as well, but... there's something about your original tire combo that works with the black fenders.

Grant

I have gotten so used to seeing the car with the steelies and mags you had on the front, they just "fit" the car. I tried the cragars on my 66 too, same thing, liked the steelies and slots better...

...I also love the loud and obnoxious, "in your face" look too :snakeman:

It was that "in your face" look that got my father-in-law's to take notice. (That and you walking through the gears as we were following you around...:D). And he's not a car guy. Sometimes you have to slap 'em around to get their attention.

I love Cragars.. and they look good on your car as well, but... there's something about your original tire combo that works with the black fenders.

Grant

X-2.
Both look good, can never go wrong with cragars but the old look was just made for your car.
Never hurts to change it up for a while as I've been considering a wheel change myself for my 67 and would like to see what a set of cragars would look like on it.

EEEW Steelies. I have them on the back, too poor and need to move the axle a bit otherwise the Cragars in front would be either back there or there would be four. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of 14' steelies, they just look too small for the wheel wells. Now 245/60 15s will fill it quite nicely. And if 66340sedan is anything to go by, maybe I can stick a set of 255s in there. Hehehe. Go big or go home (regarding wheels that is). My motto is, stick the largest wheel/tire combo in there that will fit the stock wheel wells, so you don't have to go cutting into things or worry about air showing when you look at your wheels. In my case, if I look at the wheels, I don't want any road surface or wheel well inside showing. It should all be covered by your massive wheel/tire combo.

I am also running SS rear springs which probably give me a little more lift than stock but the 255's fit great!

-
Back