look no hands

-
is there anybody around central Virginia that would let me use there shop floor to do my measurements and I can quickly tac weld my back half in my duster, I'll even bring my own welding machine. I really don't want to try it in the drive way lol if I can tac it in I can bring it home to finish welding it so I won't be in your way long

new skin will be welded in by this afternoon:cheers:

Attachments

• 72 Duster 039.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 502
  • 72 Duster 041.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 405
Back half ,I thought about it.But I wanna keep the backseat..Imma keep my car mostly stock..cheaper to build,lol.

there will be 1 seat in my ride lol would you get in a drag car with a no arm driver, I don't think I would lol:D

ok I've found two loading docks near me of shipping co.and that would be usps in farmville va and ups docs 5 miles from me still not sure of cost because I need measurements and weight with both these places, I'm still searching for a local business with a loading doc, I love living in a small country town but sometimes its a pain in the *** to get things done.

Hey Chuck I'll get the measurements and weight to you ASAP. Hopefully my buddy will have a free day next week to come over and help me strip it and get it on the pallet no later than this time next week. I'll PM you as soon as I get it ready.

there will be 1 seat in my ride lol would you get in a drag car with a no arm driver, I don't think I would lol:D

Yup!As long as there is a roll cage and a helmet I'll ride with ya! But ya have to promise to ride in mine,I have M.S so ya never know track officials might not even let me on...

We are building similar cars,Im building a 451 as well! My challenge will be staying awake between runs,lol...

Just gotta keep that back seat,there are mammories back there,lol...or is that memories?
I admire you hooks. Nothing seems to get you down. You are truly inspirational to me,seeing you get things done and the recent diet change have got me motivated and with some energy.

Do you need a transmission?

LOL now we would be a hellava team:thumleft: yeah I had a little trouble with a track official once till the other drivers in the inspection lanes started a big stink about it.
I've found a 727 in a 78 camper just need to get it out.

Hey Chuck I'll get the measurements and weight to you ASAP. Hopefully my buddy will have a free day next week to come over and help me strip it and get it on the pallet no later than this time next week. I'll PM you as soon as I get it ready.
hey bro no rush I,m still working on the shipping and I have plenty to do before I get to the motor part so rest and heal that back up :thumleft:

Thats great you have a bb 727! I have one as well,but because I plan on a ton of summer driving,I needed to go overdrive. Seeing how every aftermarket solution for an o.d is over 3 grand Im using an 833 o.d.

My bud ChrisF on this board is helping out in a lot of aspects. He donated a running 400 creampuff to get me on the road while the 451 gets built,and the 833 as well. Also hood scoop,carb etc etc etc. I can't remember how much he has waiting for me when I finally get there.Super guy and also is sandblasting my entire Dart for materials cost.

Im a lucky guy. But I had to suffer a huge amount to get what I needed. I'll p.m you with the story...

welcome welcome..You are an inspiration to us all friend. and remember Thieves may steal the material possessions, but the true gear-head never lets them steal his dreams.

welcome welcome..You are an inspiration to us all friend. and remember Thieves may steal the material possessions, but the true gear-head never lets them steal his dreams.

Thanks buddy I appreciate that:burnout:

I've been working on getting the backhalf in my car and its not as hard as I thought, hardest part is keeping it square while welding it in, now the housing I have is a narrowed 9in all braced up but who ever welded the 4 link brackets to the housing must have done it with their eyes closed and used a 50 dollar welder from the five and dime store, anyway I have new brackets for the 9in just wish I could have put them on while the tubes were cut.
more pics coming tomorrow if its not raining

oh and I found a loading doc that will except the block:cheers: now I need to work on the shipping

Welcome aboard , I just found this thread and can't wait to see your times when you start making passes in that bad boy -git er dun buddy we have 2 guys local to me who are missing the other ends and race their restored ebodies with hand controls , one of them picked up a Mopar drag pak chally this winter and is planning to campaign it this year

Just found this thread, welcome aboard (better late then never):D
Keep the pictures coming, I like work, I could watch it all day!

its been raining off and on here so I've been cleaning stuff with plastic draped over the car lol right now I'm cleaning the k member and notching the mount pad or what ever you call it lol

been reading and watching this all from south hill, va. one hell of a job and even a bigger inspiration for those of us who use every excuse in the book not to work on our rides,, keep it up and THANK YOU!!!

been reading and watching this all from south hill, va. one hell of a job and even a bigger inspiration for those of us who use every excuse in the book not to work on our rides,, keep it up and THANK YOU!!!
hey south hill thats right down the road from me, hey bro I make excuse's also lol
thanks
chuck

hummm I think I'm about 4 hours from Hagerstown cause I was just up that way about a week ago in sharpsburg md and that was a 4 1/2 hours

-
Back