Look what followed me home today!!

-

cosgig

MoBro Inc.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
All right now, I know it's not an A body, but it is a Mopar, and a rare one at that. 1964 Plymouth Sport Fury, somewhat intact minus the motor and correct trans, but mostly complete otherwise. There is no VIN tag or title so as of now I can't officially confirm the drivetrain. Anybody know if there are any body numbers on the early B bodies??? I'm going to de-mouseify it and clean all of the debris and old carpet out of it to get an accurate assessment of it's true condition, but my gut feeling here is parts car. Any input about the early B's is welcomed. I had a 64 Belvedere for a number of years, but never had to research any history about it!!! Thanks all for any information provided, Geof

100_2281.jpg

100_2284.jpg

I love that body style. One of my best friends had one,his dad was the original owner,a girl in a mid 70's LTD rear ended him,,that was the end of the sport fury : (

What a find. I looked for one of those in decent shape for quite a while, then I bough the 66 Fury. What are your plans?

...and here it is all cleaned up. Actually, this one belongs to one of our club members.

P8290928_edited (Small).JPG

P8290929_edited (Small).JPG

That car has drag car written all over it!Wish you were closer,I need a project for the winter.:toothy10:

Hey all, I'll run down the list of inquiries here one at a time.

Mopardrt, yes it was on craigslist, but I didn't buy it from there. A buddy of mine called me and asked what it would be worth and was it worth the asking price. I told him yes and he bought it. When he went to pick it up he quickly realized it wasn't something he would see through and asked me if I wanted it. I told him yes and went to get it from him.

Badart, I don't have an official plan yet except to get it all cleaned up and de-mouseified to see what I'm really dealing with here. I removed the seats to look for the build sheet and was surprised to find that the seat frames and cushions are in very good shape despite the mice. The carpet is trashed so I'm gonna strip all of the carpet out an any other BS that isn't specific to the car. Once I see whats really there, i'll make a judgement call on it.

HemiEd, I'll P.M. you when I get a chance to clean it up a little to send you some decent pictures of it so you know what we're looking at here.

Superdart, if I end up parting it out, I'll put you down first for the front bumper guard.

Oneofmany, the game didn't start until 7:05 P.M and I had the afternoon off so why not go get a Mopar???LOL!!!

I guess the one limiting factor to this car is the fact that the VIN tag is gone and there is no title, so I'm assuming that there is another "Sport Fury" driving around the mean streets of "D" town. I don't exactly know how to go about overcoming this yet, so I am looking for any identifying numbers on old receipts in the trunk and in the paperwork pile that is the mouse house. So far I have found the original owners name, address and some paperwork but no numbers on the car. Only a message from his insurance agent in 1968 canceling him for outstanding tickets!!! HMMM!!! I'll keep you all posted about this project, and thanks for all the input!!! Geof

-
Back