Lookee what I bought

-

70DartMike

Too many projects
Reaction score
A guy at a car show offered me a 340 about a week ago, and I've been offered before but they usually want very high prices, so this guy said 'It's in pieces, so how about a couple hundred'. So I went to look at it, and bought it for $250. Took the book with the numbers in it as well. The block reads out to be 1968 - 1972 340 block, heads are real X heads, intake manifold read out to be a 1968 340 intake. And 340 rods, crank, etc.

DSC02457.jpg

DSC02461.jpg

DSC02462.jpg

DSC02459.jpg

DSC02458.jpg

DSC02465.jpg

DSC02464.jpg

This may not seem like a good deal to some of you, but up where I live these are nearly impossible to find.

Good luck with that! I hope it all machines out well for a great engine.

Must be the Canadian exchange rate or something, cause down here that stuff would be about double that, maybe more. Good score, just the X heads should be worth the 250$. Build yourself a sweet package with that stuff, and good luck with your project, Geof

What are you doing with that waterd down coors lite when you could be drinking that good canadian beer. (that was a grate deal)

Nice score Mike, now start saving your money so you can build it! That would be sweet in your Dart :-D

no matter how bad the economy gets, there's always cash for beer and car parts! the nice thing now is some people who hoard this stuff are starting to let it go.

Hah, it's actually Mike's Lego, from when I was a kid.

Alright, a fellow LEGO kid! My dad made that stuff for MANY years. I still have an army trunk full of it too! Samsonite made the trunk too! LOL! And oh ya, nice part score!

ah man.....that looks like a real decent find on the parts..... around here those items are few and far in between for prices like that.

glad you had the cash at hand to pick it all up.

-RPM

-
Back