Lookie what I got today.

-

Jim Kueneman

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Oh my. Put your thinking cap on @Hyper_pak .....

IMG_6003.jpeg

IMG_6002.jpeg

IMG_6004.jpeg

IMG_5995.jpeg

IMG_5994.jpeg

Last edited:
i would 100% do that up mid engine just so everybody could see that bad boy chilling out in the middle of the bed.

Please don't chop the top. But who going to look at the Webers under the engine cover.....?

That's gunna be fantastic!

You'll hear that thing fly by. DCOE's make sweet intake sounds

Watching the fuel standoff coming out of the trumpets on a rev is pretty cool too

I am speechless with envy. Sadly, I can't even tune a single carb (nor can I tuna fish :p). However, I lust mightily for that setup. I'd have to pay someone to get it running right but for a non-exorbitant price I'd be all over that. Congrats!!

You will be able the HEAR them!
Have you checked to see if there is sufficient space to fit the intake, carbs and air-cleaners first?

Also, you'll need a set of Clifford headers to compliment the extra fuel input. :)

Very nice.
I know my engine doesn't get seen much, but the results are in the black lines I leave all over the place. :lol:

Have you checked to see if there is sufficient space to fit the intake, carbs and air-cleaners first?

Also, you'll need a set of Clifford headers to compliment the extra fuel input. :)

Very nice.
I know my engine doesn't get seen much, but the results are in the black lines I leave all over the place. :lol:

Yes there should be enough space. Will likely run Dutra Duals cast headers.

Between Stan and his sources of knowledge of Weber's, I'm sure they will get them all sorted out.

Supposedly these were run in the '70s and '80 on a road racing slant. They have several items drilled with safety wires threaded through them... likely the last time they were actually run.

Between Stan and his sources of knowledge of Weber's, I'm sure they will get them all sorted out.

Already have Stan's spreadsheet :), plus there is an amazing series by a Canadian guy of tearing down, rebuilding, initial setup selection, assembling and tuning multiple setups of DCOEs like this on YouTube.

excellent

I have a similar setup on my Hemi 6

the key to success is a good linkage and a very good igntion system
advance the static timing
then tune the carbs
id be going 36 or a 38 venturi/choke limits you to max rpm but keeps torque up
in a truck maybe even as small as 34
bigger is only better for WOT operation with webers
smaller or just a little bit too small is better for driving

and you should be able to run a cam that would be a bit crap in the low rpm range with a 4 barrel.. with these it should be good.

if you get the set up right you will never have to touch them again....the always going out of tune old wives tale is just that....
standard Slant 6- hemi 6 fuel pump is fine for up to 280 -300 BHP with webers and no regulator. my regulator was taken off due to the restriction in flow it caused. low pressure flow keeps em happy

check they are all the same series of carb
check the float levels and if necessary raise by a small amount if you have a flat spot just off idle. they may well be set up for 1970s fuel not 2013 fuel....:)

if you want to see how i built my linkage using hex bar and bits from VW performance shop CBperformance let me know i'll take some photos
robust as hell i.e you could probably lift the motor with it..well maybe not.. but its strong and doesn't flex. i.e not brass rod and clamp on yellow passivated levers, which proved to be a bit rubbish once you add in your external "safety" throttle resturn spring

Dave

Last edited:
Dave999, please post pictures I'm sure it will be beneficial to Jim and anyone else thinking about using a Weber system.

Dave999, please post pictures I'm sure it will be beneficial to Jim and anyone else thinking about using a Weber system.

Agreed photos. I already have desk jockey researched the bore and concluded the 45mm is way to big for what I want.. I was thinking max 40mm so 38mm seems about right. Do you have the values for the jets/emulsion tubes etc you are using and what has been done to your engine?

Last edited:
-
Back