Looking for 1967-69 Barracuda for TV

-

jhutcheson

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum so let me introduce myself. I direct the Flashbacks that are part of the show MuscleCar on Spike TV's Powerblock. If you don't watch the show, the Flashback is a 3 minute profile on a classic muscle car. We've shot lots of rare Mopar over the past couple years, but haven't done a 2nd gen Barracuda yet. I'm looking for one with all the performance options...340, 383, or 440; Formula S or 'Cuda package. The basic criteria is that it has to look pretty much how it came originally, inside and out...not necessarily Concours perfect, but stock-appearing. The important thing is that you like to drive it. Preferably it needs a 4-speed and a bright original style paintjob. Engine doesn't have to be numbers matching but must be era correct.

Our studio is located near Nashville, Tennessee. You would need to bring it here for a day of shooting, where you and only you will be driving the car around. The 3-minute segment will be devoted entirely to your car. I'd like to shoot this in the fall and it will air sometime in early '11, the start of our next season. Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested or have more questions. I don't check the forum as often as my email, so email is the best way to get a hold of me.

Oh, and I know what you might be thinking...is this for real? Well, you can call the number below and check us out. It's for real. Maybe you are thinking...Nashville, that's a long way away for me. But think of it as like going to a car show, but instead of showing off your car to a couple thousand people, a couple million people will see how great it is on national TV.

Thanks,
James "Hutch" Hutcheson
Associate Producer/MuscleCar

RTM Productions
130 SE Parkway Ct.
Franklin, TN 37064
615-503-9700x422

Welcome to FABO Hutch! I'm personally delighted you've started your search for The Perfect A Body right here with us.

I'm not too far away but I don't believe my Cuda is what you're looking for based on your description. I wouldn't mind tearing off a little rubber and exercising that reverse manual for the benefit of the viewers though. :-D

Just as a little tidbit, the HIP (High Impact Paint) colors didn't start showing up until the early 70s so finding a 67-69 Cuda in fairly stock form with a "bright paint job" is going to be tough.

I wish you the best of luck with your search and a smooth production for the 2011 season.

Let me jump in here and say thanks for the opportunity and welcome to FABO.My 67 doesn't qualify but you have come to the right place for your requiremants.There are some incredible second gen. Barracudas here.i think you will find what you are looking for,just a little patience waiting for replies.Thanks again and please keep us informed.8)

Welcome aboard!! As well, my Barracuda wouldn't qualify, but I think there are others on here with cars equipped with what you need.

Let me clarify "bright paint job." I don't mean a high-impact color. My preference is any shade of red, yellow, blue, green, silver, gold, as long as its a stock color. Those look best on camera. I try to avoid black, brown, or white as those don't always look great on camera.

Thanks,
Hutch

Boy, don't I wish I had mine finished... I'm glad someone is recognizing our cars. Hutch, I don't know if you are aware, but there is a 67-69 BarracudaOwners Mailing list on Yahoo. I'll mention your search and direct them here to this string (if Leanna hasn't beaten me to it!).

Thanks and I'm looking forward to the story. Btw, you couldn't get a better group of individuals that know the ins and outs of our cars!

Welcome to fabo and thanks for the opportunity! If you bring a crew of about 6 guys or gals with mechanical and body work skills, my 69 formula s ragtop 340 4 spd could be ready in a couple weeks!! LOL Man oh man why didnt I start my project sooner!!!

Hello,

I just sent you an email: with a PDF file with some crapy pics I have here at work.

My car is an orig 273 hipo '67 barracuda 'vert with a 4 speed...

I recently finished a complete restoration on it in the "factory style" not concourse perfect but a very nice car...

what a great chance for someone to get their car on TV

Had a 67 Formula S back in the 70's, but even then it would not meet your stock appearing car

Too bad you don't want a slightly modified 67 Dart Convertible ................. LOL

View attachment 173007

not much original here, plus being white, oh well, I can dream

-
Back