Looks like I'm going big block !

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
Well Ive done it now. It was one of those to good to pass up deal. You know the kind you buy before telling the wife.

Scored a BB K-frame that set the motor back 4", Custom made 2" headers, shortend drive shaft and a trans crossmember made to work with it. :D

Now I just need to find the matching 440 :shock:

fastbackcuda said:
Well Ive done it now. It was one of those to good to pass up deal. You know the kind you buy before telling the wife.

Scored a BB K-frame that set the motor back 4", Custom made 2" headers, shortend drive shaft and a trans crossmember made to work with it. :D

Cool!

fastbackcuda said:
It was one of those to good to pass up deal. You know the kind you buy before telling the wife.

Wow..... that's great! 440. That'll make some smoke :wink:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

when are you big block guy's gonna learn :scratch:

small blocks rock :D

Hey Brett my 440 should be ready soon just have to have 1of each :D

Hey Adam we are going to join the torq club BB Abodies :D

Excellent!

I love having the 340 in my Dart Sport, and I can only imagine how much I am going to love having the 383 in my Barracuda.... Schumacher mounts and 4spd! wheeeeeeeee

Too bad you didn't live closer, someone here is selling a 440 w/trans for $300. That will definately be a fun car when you're done :thumleft:

torque is fun. I miss it. My 340 runs good but my old 440 ran better. I cant wait to feel all the power in a 600lb lighter car.

BARRACUDA340S said:
yeah I hear ya! I guess I have a big block too.

488 cubic inch V10

Wait a minute, if your 416 is still a small block, so is the V-10 seeing as it shares the same bore spacing and layout.

fastbackcuda said:

Last night we were over at my neighbors house playing cards and drinking (a lot). One of the guys told me somebody just bought a late 70's motorhome, and scrapped it. But he saved the motor, which was in perfect running condition.

You guessed it, a 440.

The best part is he told me that I could have it if I wanted it, since neither of them wanted it.... It's need a rebuild, of course. But it's a complete 440!

Interested?

all I need is a radiator and a Hydraulic throw out bearing and the 440 is ready to fire up in the duster. Should be a fun ride. I will get some pics but this dial; up is killing me.

I picked up my K-frame and some other parts yesterday. Looks like it will sit 1.25"s back. The headers need some work though. They have a few pin holes in them. If I cant weld them up then I'll have to see if its cheaper to go with the Schumacher set up and a set of pro-parts headers or have another set made.

chad72duster said:
all I need is a radiator and a Hydraulic throw out bearing and the 440 is ready to fire up in the duster. Should be a fun ride. I will get some pics but this dial; up is killing me.

I got the hydraulic throw out bearing when you're ready to try it :wink: And I know what you mean about the dial up :roll:

Hey Craig bring that bearing with when you come.

Hey Adam I went with the shumacher and propart set up and it was cake. The mounts bolted right in and the cut outs for the proparts fit perfect. With an auto in the floor this set up is super simple.

chad72duster said:
Hey Craig bring that bearing with when you come.

Hey Adam I went with the shumacher and propart set up and it was cake. The mounts bolted right in and the cut outs for the proparts fit perfect. With an auto in the floor this set up is super simple.

I think thats the way Im gonna end up doing it. :thumrigh:

fastbackcuda said:
Mikel shoot me a PM and let me know how much.

Adam, let me know if you and Mikel come up with a deal. I'm sure i could figure out a way to get it up there. Besides, it will give me another excuse....

:eek:

Will do. But its also a excuse for me to take a trip. Remember Im maried with child also know. :geek:

fastbackcuda said:
Will do. But its also a excuse for me to take a trip. Remember Im maried with child also know. :geek:

Yeah, i was just there wasn't I? I wouldn't want to take that from you... :jocolor: Just figured i'd throw it out there

I knew this thread was around here somewhere.

The dude with the motor fell off the face of the earth for a while, but I located him last week. He said that the motor was "junked". So it's gone... Sorry, man.

-
Back