loose bearing race - K/H disc hub

-
I don't care , Sounded like he thinks he's a tough guy anyway. Maybe I gave him something to come back at me with. I have nothing better to do then to read BS. and give it back. If they think filling a gap on a outside race is better then sleeving the part . They have a gap between their ears. I know guys that went to school for a trade and they are dumber then a bag of rocks. Training doesn't mean you learned anything. What it could mean is that you kissed *** to pass.

I never got schooling what I know I learned from experience and I screwed a lot of **** up and still learn something everyday.

Now your lumping me into your holeyer than thow, f#*%@d up attitude with your reply that's pissing me off.
Remember when America actually had trade schools that you could attend learning, toolmaking, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, drafting, and others.
Well, back in Connecticut where i grew up, i attended Warren F. Kaynor Tech School, in the 1960's learning the machinist-toolmaking trade.
Then i worked in a tool shop factory for about 2 years before i realized that factory work ain't for me, that i want to do, the rest of my life.
So i joined up with the Air Force, and got trained to be a jet aircraft mechanic, one and two engines.
Then after the Air Force i got into the auto mechanics field and did that up until 11 years ago.
So if you lump me into your thinking that i don't know about machine work, tolerances, how to use industrial machinery, i am not one of your dip ***** that don't know anything from a bag full of rocks.

Maybe I gave him something to come back at me with.

Let me say it this way 'when you wrestle with pigs, you get dirty, and the pig enjoys it'

In our discussion only one of us chose to use foul language, name calling and a generally abusive tone.
That points in the direction of who the pig is. I too try to continue to learn, so we share that goal.
My problem is, your language and tone interferes with me being able to discern your message.
So I will just leave you alone.

Internal knurling and locktight, yeah that oughta do it:)
Pressed sleeve then bore to size would be the ultimate fix.
Find another"good" hub would probably be the most cost effective fix.

One thing not considered by all the geniuses using this loctite is: since the OP stated the race is tight going in and becomes loose when seated. How would you get a uniform coat while holding the race centered. Stand it up and it flows to one side. Lay it down which would be how you would install the race and it flows out the back while installing.
I would immediately assemble it to the spindle with ungreased bearing and lightly tighten the spindle nut while rotating the hub.

Hell, come to think of it, I had the big race on my hub that would spin. No slop, just spin with a bit of effort. I dimpled with a punch and it`s probably been 15 years. Ok afaik.
Now the OP`s with slop, he would have to measure/indicate if it would be in spec. with Loctite's 20 thousandths limit.
Personally I wouldn't use it, but would like to hear someone's real world experience with a race bore wore out to Loctite's limit and how long it has been in service.

What are the bearings, A2 and A6, right?

That's the same as the 10" front drum hub. I wonder how close they are. I'm just wondering if some creative lathe work might make the drum hub compatible.
I at one time in the past compared a Disc hub, and a Drum hub.
They are quite different in their design, and can't make one into another.
I used a previous posts picture of a disc hub, and a picture of a drum hub.
The first picture is disc, the second is drum.
Comparison pictures.

A body Disc hub.JPG

A body drum hub.jpg

I at one time in the past compared a Disc hub, and a Drum hub.
They are quite different in their design, and can't make one into another.
I used a previous posts picture of a disc hub, and a picture of a drum hub.
The first picture is disc, the second is drum.
Comparison pictures.

View attachment 1715903775

View attachment 1715903778
Thanks for that Jim. I kinda figured that might be the case.

In post #92.
What are the dimensional differences between the two hubs. They look different but that might be because they are castings.

In post #92.
What are the dimensional differences between the two hubs. They look different but that might be because they are castings.
BEWY
Trust me.
They are quite different in their style.
It won't work.
If it did, this would have been taken care of a Long time ago, in regards to swapping them around by some enterprising enthusiast.

Great post. You add nothing. Seems it applies to you.
Rat Bastid. A good name for you. You are the biggest /$$ on this site.

You share nothing but bullshit and opinions out of your ***. Some things are posted for fun. Why don't you just Troll on down the road. Or just keep on applying your disagrees from your clueless brain.

What do you ever offer to anyone on this site except your incorrect opinion. Like this thread. Your a joke.
Two men’s opinions

Rat Bastid. A good name for you. You are the biggest /$$ on this site.

You share nothing but bullshit and opinions out of your ***. Some things are posted for fun. Why don't you just Troll on down the road. Or just keep on applying your disagrees from your clueless brain.

What do you ever offer to anyone on this site except your incorrect opinion. Like this thread. Your a joke.
Two men’s opinions

Having a bad day?

Have it fixed at a machine shop. spray weld it and remachine to size. East Peasy. . Or you can buy a hub . There are 2 different styles for small bolt. A picture would be good to see what you have. I believe I have both styles. You can also switch to 4 1/2 bolt circle using 68 mustang rotors

View attachment 1715902418

View attachment 1715902419

View attachment 1715902422

View attachment 1715902423

View attachment 1715902424

View attachment 1715902425

View attachment 1715902426

View attachment 1715902427

View attachment 1715902428

View attachment 1715902429

-
Back