Losing interest in the dart

-

mopardart72

I'm a pretty big deal
Reaction score
it has come to this........so close to getting it runnign but no more money and i cant find the parts to get it running =(

I hear ya, I put my '73 Cuda down to rest for awhile and it's been 7 years now. I'm currently building a 360 for it after being prodded like cattle from an old freind of mine. So, here we go....again, LOL

Put it down for a spell isn't a bad thing etheir. It's bought and payed for, so it really costs nothing to let it sit for now. Need cheap insurance?

What parts do you need?

I have a pair of shocks for ya, new. I forget by whom. The upper eye was a bit small for my Cuda (73) but did fit the Duster. (74, go figure)

I think I have OE stock 15 ich rims hanging around, OK?

I had my Swinger painted back in 1998, have yet to get it completely put back together, as a matter of fact I moved it 200 miles away in another garage in 2000. I've already chipped the new paint moving a washer. YIKES!

As been said, you own it so let her bee for a while and when funds come in as I need also I'll have it up and running. Bone stock 340 car!

2 leaf springs a starter manual sterring box /column 2 more rims 4 tires and 4 shocks and seats

I have found that when you are feeling at a loss with your project.....and have no funds..... the best thing to do is check out build threads....there are sooooo many ideas that cost little to no money that you can do.....and if you put out wanted adds for the parts you need and express your situation....some folks here may sell you the parts dirt cheap (heck I have seen a bunch of people just give parts away knowing that it is going to a good cause!)

I have been where you are and I still have my days that it just feels like a never ending project and there is dust floating out of my wallet.....but you gotta stay at it and find the fun in it.

if you look in my signature there is a link to my build thread for my 72 duster .....theres alot of things I have done that cost me little to no money ...you should check it out and maybe catch some inspiration!

Good luck!

Due to serious health problems and no money to spare because of serious health problems, I've been working my 68 Barracuda on and off for 20 years. That right, I've had this car 20 years and have not driven it yet. I'm hoping this will be the year. At no point did I lose interest, I figure if I did'nt live long enough to drive it then I was going to have my *** buried in it. Don't give up on your Dart, if there's a will, there's a way.

I have a CJ5 that I am doing a ground up on. It has been apart for 7 years or more now. It has gotton closer to being done, but a ways to go. I really like that old Jeep. It'll get finished some time.

We,ve all been in this position at one time or another with our builds.Take a break from it and return with a fresh outlook!

I have an extra starter. Came off a '73 Duster and looks like it wasn't on the car very long. Keep plugging, you'll get there. I've been waiting almost 3 years to tear into my Valiant but something else always seems to come along and need attention first. Not worried about it, one of these days I will have something that nobody else does because I made her that way. The obstacles will only make that day sweeter. 8)

Never give up. Take a minute and think of people who have had to overcome far greater things. Then get back to work on it.

What seat, front buckets, rear?
What size wheel?

I think I have a full rear bench for an A body, something extra that I have no idea where it came from. It is currently in the back of my dart as insulation.

I have a set of 15 x 8 steel "Jeep" ralleye wheels, sitting around. The idea came from a Mopar Magazine a while back, that could go for next to nothing.

I have the following:

73 340 Duster sport split bench seat w/ armrest
68 Dart rear seats (top and bottom)
73 Duster original starter
73 Duster auto (on the column) manual steering column.

If you can manage to get to Carlisle this July, I'll bring it all out there for $150 for everything.

if you want to go power steering, I have a column for that too - same as the other, just for power - and I have a power box, pump and brackets - all for the same price. You'd just need a new pitman arm. power stuff came off a 318 Duster - 73.

I hear ya.. there's nothing wrong with letting her sit for a bit. Then when you're ready, you'll get back with a venegance... how do I know? Been there, doing that!

Grant

It's to bad your so far away from me. I have front and rear bench seats, a starter and lots of 14 inch steelies you could have. All stuff from a 72 Demon.

Hang in there, somebody closer will have the stuff you are looking for for cheap or free.

Jack

Looks like everything but leaf springs is offered up for you.

Not bad, not bad at all. Start PM'ing address' around.

J.C. Whitney has new springs for $64 each plus shipping. Don't get much cheaper than that.

this is why i love this site, everyone is willing to help if they can. i agree that if ya look at some build threads itll help it has for me a bunch. there was a time when i thought id never be able to drive the scamp but i perserveered and finally got it running. thats on a salary of $54 a week plus tips if i get em. if i can do it on that i think anyone can do it too. dont give up, and if you have to let it sit for a bit

I understand how you are feeling.Im about to start on my 72 Duster but afraid I will run into some snags and it will just sit.Dont give up and if moneys an issue,just buy one part at a time,like one pay check,get the springs,another buy the shocks.Sometimes I wish I had a magic wand to turn my car into what I want it in a second,lol.Also time to work on them is a huge factor too,if you have full time jobs and a family to support and bills to pay.We feel ya,man =/

Well said, its hard when you have other bills to pay. Im in the same boat. Hang in there!!! This is a great site, cool of all you guys to offer up parts.

-
Back