Lost a member

-
Fishman is blessed with ALL NOS parts now! No more sickness! I lived in Newport News in the 60's and early 70's. We will miss him, and prayers go out to comfort his family and friends!

Sorry John to hear this. I too lost a very close freind who happend to be my brother in law. A die hard Mopar guy also. Not a day goes by that I don't think about him.

Best wishes to Tommy's family and friends going forward.....

Yeah, Tommy was one of those "Mopar or no car" kind of guys, a real spokesman for the brand. I will miss him.

Tommy's loss weakens my soul. What a great friend he was. He lived for Mopar. He just got some bugs worked out of his car and couldn't wait to go back to the track and find those high 11's. There's no doubt he is wrenching on another a-body in the sky. Good-bye my friend. rip

Longgone, Tom, I don't know what to say, just an echo of what has been allready said. For those of you that have been here awhile, Fishman and I have gotten into it a little bit every now and again. Sometimes it was minor and sometimes it was an issue brewing to be big. But in the end, I never held anything against Fishman for it. He never held it against me from the way he continued on afterwards.

It was allways good to see him come back and post up. When things got bad, he allways came back and showed good class. He never held that grudge or hung onto something. He let it go and carried on helping out with his easy to experiance and wisdom.

It wasn't to hard to see he was into these cars and knew just something more than a little something, but something that you get from years of playing with cars and being into them, knowing your brand, enjoying your car, gettin out and doing.

Longgone. Thanks for being a go-between for Fishman and myself during nutty times. Sometimes I just couldn't figure the guy out or what I did and how he seen it, from his side/point of view.

I LOL now that I think about it some. If I lived closer, we would probably be very good freinds and best nightmares to each other on the streets or the pits with you slappin your forhead rolling your eyes at us acting like ding dongs throwings wrench at each other tryin to help in the garage/pits.

Below would be a typicl night.....

"Hey, gotta 3/4?"

"Yea, flippin catch!"

Winnnnng, bang! "Ouch! Thanks! --- dick...."

"Ya, screw you and no problem! LOL!"

"Toss me a beer jackass!"

"After I'm done tightening this stupid thing up."

"Hurry up, I think that idiot Chevy guy is near by, I need something to throw at him."

"Use the old oil filter!"

Best wishes to Fishmans family.

This is a pain that will take a long time to dull. May it go quick for you all. May the thoughts of him stay joyful during this time.

WOW. Can't believe I missed this about fishman. My wife & I met him at mopar madness last year and he was a blast to talk with and a true mopar man. We spent over an hr. talking about life, cars & racing that day. Stayed in touch over phone a few times then lost contact with him. What a shame. I don't think he was even 50 yet & I know Longgone( John ) & Fishman ( Tommy ) were close. Thoughts & prayers to friends & family.

Oldschoolcuda

It`s bitter sweet to see this thread bumped again. I`ve been helping Tommy`s son Curtis with the fastback. He`s keeping his father`s spirit alive with every rev of that 408. I miss Fishman every day. Rumblefish, you have spelled out what I would say is a very real scenario. I could see something like that play out almost verbatim.

This is new news for me :tongue9: I sure enjoyed his presents here Longgone but never met him.
My condolences to all the family and friends and to all the friends he had here.
Rest in Peace Fishman [-o< and thank you for the day's you gave us here.
It's hard to loose a friend :sad3:
My prayer's to all that had Tommy "Fishman" in there life

I went back and seen that he was a tug boat operator for 25 years and I did jump in on
and reply, my memory failed me, Thank you for bringing this thread back up.
We don't need to for get about our member Fishman

-
Back