Lost and Found

-

toolmanmike

Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I started installing my HiPo exhaust system today. I have all the pipes, muffler, and resonator but I can't find the hardware kit. I'm sure it was on the floor under the back of the car and I think I picked it up because the floor sweats with all the rain and humidity we've had. Damned if I can find it. I did e-mail AccurateLTD just in case I don't find it. Dang !!!!!!!

Keep looking Bro! Retrace your steps, look unde stuff that has moved, check your garbage can (unless it has gone out since you saw it) I hope you find it! If I was close, I'd help you look. This stuff happens to me all the time!

The smallest parts are always the biggest PITA. Hope you find them.

No dog. I remember it a few months ago. I don't think I would throw it away. I don't throw anything away LOL.

I am sure you looked under the car on the springs or some where under or in your car Mike, Wait !! you have them in a bag hanging on a nail on the wall, no!! wait you laid them on your welder. Look in the closest drawer to the rear of the car.
No!! wait! you brought them in the house and are in a bag by your computer 8)

I guess you can see I have been in the same situation before:-D
I hope you find them tonight Mike , That would drive me crazy, I thought you put the kit in your tool box :-D Just thinking out loud :happy10:

I hope I stumble across it tomorrow with some fresh eyes. Memike, I wish you were closer. Sounds like you know where to look LOL

Ain't that a pisser? I sometimes lose things 10 minutes after I put them down,I think there's a message there. Be prepared for the forehead shot when ya find them.:-D

just have some patience and wait until you start looking for something else and the parts that where nowhere to be found will be right in front of you in plain sight,dont ask me how i know ;)

Lets hope it isn't stuffed inside one of the exhaust pipes. Looked in the trunk ?

Ain't that a pisser? I sometimes lose things 10 minutes after I put them down,I think there's a message there. Be prepared for the forehead shot when ya find them.:-D

It doesn't say Can't re Member under my name for nothing. LOL :toothy10:

My car would be done if I would have kept tagging stuff. I stopped half way through thinking I would remember where everything went. Big mistake.

Buy a new hardware kit, wait patiently for it's arrival, then as you are entering the garage with a UPS box filled with your new kit, you will suddenly trip over your old kit, then your problems are solved...except what to do with the second kit, lol.

You guys make me laugh......and that's a good thing...If I find it, and I hope I do, I'll have to let you guys know. It should be good for a laugh! MIke

Time to change your name to oldtoolmanmike. Start on something differant and it will show up. Did you set it on the truck?

I know how you feel Mike. Of all the things I've lost my mind is the thing I miss the most!
Did you look in the trunk?

oh God, I know this feeling, I was working on something once that required TORX drivers, and I spent over an hour looking for the TORX driver I just knew I had in my hand when i began, only to find it in my BACK POCKET!!! Talk about egg on one's face.

FF

Alert the media !!! I found it. And my garage is pretty clean now. LOL
I was looking for a box but it was in a red Year One bag. It was pretty much in plain sight laying on top of a couple of boxes. Yeee Haaa It's nice to know I wasn't loosing my mind. Mike

well i glad for you cause i can,t find my nut,s/ not them the ones to my master cyc. and wiper motor i had them all painted but needed to tap the treads after paint and can,t remember were they all are.they will show up some time.

Cool beans Mike! I spend more time looking for stuff i thought I knew where was than actually building the car. Glad this is resolved!

I told you they was in a bag :toothy10: I am so glad you found them :cheers: and got the shop picked up :happy10: did you find my 9/16th deep well socket ? It seems that is the hardest socket to keep up with when 1/2 a dozen folks use my tools :-D

-
Back