LOTS DONE!! many thanks to FABO

-

jasonmrenda

Reaction score
well on my way in a few to drop off the Dart for an alignment

spent the better half of 4 months learning a lot about the car and MOPARS in general.

i'll post pics in a bit but :
started with a 67 dodge dart gt grocery getter /6

ended with:
mildly warmed up 318 with (supposedly) 360 heads, cheapie headers, edelbrock intake and carb. did up an exhaust myself, swapped all new suspension bits inc poly bushings, new ball joints, new pads, ran all new brake lines, installed a new pro valve, fixed lots of wiring, converted to elec ignition, replaced the battery. patched holes in drivers floor, installed crappy hood pins for now, new throttle cable, added a manual chock nob, 4 keystone klassics (1 is crap) with near new 205/70/14 bf's..

the brakes are MUCH better than drums even with just the stock dual master cyl. car sounds great. needs some tuning and the kickdown adjusted properly. lots more patching and such but i am pretty happy.

bought the donor 76 swinger for 750. another 290 for suspension. a few hundred in misc stuff from autozone. 75 to get the upper balljoints and bushings pressed in at a local tire place. 100 for an alignment. i'd say overall about 1500 total to go from grandma to muscle. and i learned a lot.

just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who has and will continue to help. cant wait to tackle the inside and get her going!

will post pics later on.

just got back from dropping it off - holy hell was that scary
- linkage still slipping so wont go into park
- slight brake rub on front pass side
- idling at about what feels like 6k rpm!!
- upper rad hose cracked and smoke everywhere
- speedo cable not working
- wore my evil knievel helmet just in case

total: priceless!

just got back from dropping it off - holy hell was that scary
- linkage still slipping so wont go into park
- slight brake rub on front pass side
- idling at about what feels like 6k rpm!!
- upper rad hose cracked and smoke everywhere
- speedo cable not working
- wore my evil knievel helmet just in case

total: priceless!

Well,then your just about finished,lol.:-D Keep at it and get those pics up here where we can see em.Great to see you got some help from the members here.:thumblef:

-
Back