low ball offers when selling cars..............................

-

res1vw21

It's only metal
Reaction score
why????
I am trying to sell Tara's '00 mustang and I keep getting low low low low low ball offers.

Here is the add am I doing something wrong???? I just had a guy come and test drive and offer 3350. um really I told him I didn't want less then 4 because of all the stuff I have done to the car. I also posted these pics

PRICE REDUCED!!!!!
V6, automatic, 8.8 trac lok rear, PS, PB, A/C, PW. 1205xx mi.(correction on mi 1205xx is actual) Runs great!

Within the last 50mi
- Brake pads all the way around with rotors
- Mobil 1 oil and Wix filter
- drivers front seat belt Genuine Ford part
- alignment done by Ford of Kirkland
- 8.8 lsd fluid with friction modifier.

Within the last 3000mi
- pcv valve
- spark plug wires
- water pump and coolant

Within the last 20000mi
- all 4 o2 sensors have been replaced
- passenger side front seat belt Genuine Ford part
- spark plugs NGK’s
- gas filter
- K&N air filter
- Serpentine belt

Other mods
- GT fog light kit Genuine Ford part
- dual exhaust with flowmaster 40 series
- window tint
- 8.8 trac lok from a GT

The body is reasonably clean without any major damage it does have a few dings and scratches congruent with a 10 year old car. ( I am a body man so I tend to pick things apart more then I should this is a nice looking car)
This car has not been in an accident, we would be happy to do a carfax.

The interior is decent with one small burn on the driver’s seat from before we bought the car.

This is a nice dependable car and the only reason we are selling is because we bought a ’08 mustang and don’t need this one any more.

Asking $4,200

-Ross- 425 890 1170

We have the clean title in hand.

m1.JPG

m2.JPG

m3.JPG

m4.JPG

I don't see anything wrong with your ad. No matter what you do people are always gonna try low ballin ya just to see if you bite.

The body is reasonably clean without any major damage it does have a few dings and scratches congruent with a 10 year old car. ( I am a body man so I tend to pick things apart more then I should this is a nice looking car)

The interior is decent with one small burn on the driver’s seat from before we bought the car.

Excellent ad with great pics and these are the only things I would omit....JMO

Good luck w/ the sale. Beautiful car and great color.... :cheers:

Ive got 4 months to find my daughter a school car so yawl keep me in mind when you have something

well I have been getting calls all day long

only problem is half of them have been will you take 3?
wtf????
this car has been well maintained and has the 8.8 in it. And NEW brakes all the way around. sorry I'm just venting a little.

I also had a guy want to drive the car 50mi away for a private inspection. Really? I wasn't born yesterday....

sorry guys I venting a little
I am saposto meet someone here in a little bit, I didn't get a great vibe from him so I am meeting him at the auto parts store.

Well, everyone is always looking for a deal! Just don't seem desperate for money, that is a clue that may make someone low ball you.

that's a good price for it and it's red!! i guess people don't think that the 6 cylinder auto. is worth much. hope you have luck on your sale!!

I'm not trying to put your car down but that's about top dollar around here. My sister damn near had to give her 6 banger stang away. I finally got 3400 out of it. It was a 01 with 106,0000. Just not to many people looking for a 2 door car as much anymore. Most trying to be real economical. Good luck with the sale!!

I had the same problem on craigslist when I put my 92 notchback up for sale. I was getting rediculous offers from people who didn't even see the car and when I didn't response to the offers they sent me nasty Emails. I pulled the ad the next day.

thanks all

I just sold it for 3850
Tara said she didn't want below 3700 so I think I did ok.

I would have liked to get more with all the upgrades but o well. ITS GONE!!!!!!!!:cheers::cheers::cheers:

I sold an awesome jeep wrangler a little over a year ago and went through the same thing. I got so disgusted with the ridiculas low ball offers (2 to 3000.00) I pulled the for sale sign out and said the hell with it, I'll drive it till it drops.
Low and behold I was at the gym and some guy was looking at it when I came out. Said he had been looking for a jeep like mine for the longest time. I said ......Its for sale if you want it! Ended up pulling 9500.00 for a 10 year old jeep with 140,000 miles.

Glad it went!

Joe

KBB.com says its worth:

More Photos

Condition Value

Excellent
$3,755

Good
$3,355

Fair
$2,855

really the stuff you did to it means nothing. really all ya did was tune it up and make it able to pass inspection.

Your ad was fine. People think right now is freebie time and every sale is a fire sale.

I dont get offended when somone low balls an offer, I just tell them it aint gonna happen and counter with my price. Unless they are pushy and then I just end it with "that is firm."

KBB.com says its worth:

More Photos

Condition Value

Excellent
$3,755

Good
$3,355

Fair
$2,855

really the stuff you did to it means nothing. really all ya did was tune it up and make it able to pass inspection.

depends on where you live for kbb 98033. it also had cruse, power seat, 4 wheel abs, traction control.

Excellent

$4,225

Good
$3,800

Fair
$3,300

-
Back