Low-to-No-Options / Unusual Option(s) ...

-
My 65 Cuda has no door mirrors which I thought was strange especially on the drivers door.

I don't believe that outside rear view mirrors were required until the 1965 calendar year (e.g. , 01/01/1965 production) , but they were probably integrated by late 1964 ( circa Nov. / Dec. '64 ) .

I'd seen a '64 Nova SS with dealer-installed outside mirrors . They were placed out on the front fenders , just-ahead of the 'A' Pillar .

I'd have to say that the strangest and rarest options I've ever seen in person were :

- 1970 Charger R/T with the R20 "Radio Ready Package" ( included every-thing except the receiver ! Car had speakers , antenna and all the wiring !).

- 1973 Scamp with a factory hardtop sunroof (!!) . I forget the sales code right now ( it's M-something ) , but it was the same one that Dart Sports and Dusters had that year . Other oddities were : 727 trans , 3.21 / S.G. 8.25" diff , buckets / console , and trailer towing package .

- 1970 Duster in FE5 with E5 interior ; just 100% red inside !! Man that car was LOUD !!!
It was also buckets/console , A88 interior , and was sans radio ! The only parts that weren't red in that interior were its woodgrain instrument bezel , its woodgrain console inlay , and the "wood" inlays on the Deluxe door panels !

had a '67 Satellite with the Export only for 67 318 poly

'62 chrysler 300H with no factory outside mirrors, first owner bought/ordered it to tow a camper, so he put huge towing mirrors on it

-
Back