Lower Control Arm bushing dimensions! Help!

-

1966DartConvertible

Reaction score
Hi all

Can someone tell me the dimensions of the lower control arm bushing? Seems like mine is different!

Took this picture from a fellow fabo-an (i dont have a picture of the arm with the bushing out)
6129_1194224220027_1361076797_549861_6922341_n.jpg

The hole diameter is 1-3/4" on mine.

But...

The bushing i received is...

P1020476.jpg

P1020478.jpg

looks like 1-15/32" to me (is this the same on yours?)

P1020480.jpg

The ID is 13/16"

Also, compare the lower arm here:
155_0306_arm_15_z.jpg

to mine:
P1020428.jpg

Seems like mine has an extra "sleeve" around the outer area???

Can anyone tell me whether i got a diff control arm or the bushing i got is not for this car? Thanks

Syed

It looks to me that you have the right lower control arms. However the picture that compare with seems to be a newer control arm. Look at the place where the shocks is mounted as well as the plates that have been welded at the lower part of the arm for strenght.

You have probably got the wrong bushings. You might get them from some vendor like PST or someone else.

The OEM bushings had outer sleeves. Some aftermarket bushings don't include the outer sleeve. I read somewhere that a company once made under sized replacement bushings. Install was to press their outer sleeve into the original sleeve. Never seen those myself.

I got a set of bushings from performancesuspension.com the are local to me, and the kit I got re uses the factory sleeves. And it was super easy to install them. Just had to press out the center sleeve and the bushing, install the new poly bushing and then the sleeve. I did not remove the sleeve from the spindle. Just pressed it out and then pressed it back in. It took all of an hour to disassemble the car and swap them out and put it back together. Now granted I just hand tightened everything because the front end needs to come apart again. And it is not road worthey yet so it just needed to hold together to push the car about 15 feet. Good luck on your setup. I would call the guys above and talk to them about it.

Look at these two pictures

First one - this is what I got with the "front-end kit"
detail_263_lcs-bush-set.jpg

and the 2nd one, is what PST and EnergySuspension is selling i.e. MOOG K791
K791_lg.jpg

the 2nd one look "fatter" to my eyes (I dont know the exact dimensions). Do you think I got the wrong bushings?

Syed

Im gonna send the lower arm to a machining shop so that they can use the press to push the bushings out. But i need to clarify 1 thing 1st:

Mycontrolarm.jpg
[/IMG]

Do i ask them to take out number 1 and leave number 2 as is, and put the new bushing inside number 2, or...

take number 1 AND number 2 out and put the new bushings in there?

I hope you get what im trying to ask. :)

K791 is the correct # for all A-Body LCA bushings from 63-76. Here is a pic of the pin that seems to match your dimension for the inner sleeve. Hope this helps......

Attachments

• Lower Arm Pin Dimensions 004.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 557
Press out #1 and #2 if you purchased Moog bushings.

-
Back