LSx Valiant Build. Take a look inside...

-
Looks like you need an aftermarket front suspension setup to do these.

Not possible with a stock k-member?
Maybe,but with fab skills,torch,welder and hammer who knows. If I do it it's gotta bolt on and be able to go back to original. Not everyone would want one...

Get another k-frame to modify. Buy a cheap 73-76 slant six K-frame that has been destined for the junk heap, as it totally doesn't matter....you are going to have to cut off the mopar engine mounts to adapt to the LSx anyway. Fab the engine mount posts and modify the lip. Done. That's the best option if you don't want to cut on your existing k-frame. 4 bolts and it is out.

Last edited:
Looks like you need an aftermarket front suspension setup to do these.

Not possible with a stock k-member?
The QA1 cross member(uses torsion bar suspension) is only $650. Not a giant investment for the end result.

Chris used some S-10 conversion headers on the barracuda.
Tight fit around the steering box and torsion bars. It requires some quality engine location and exhaust fitting, but it works. These pics are taken from his Facebook page. I am sure Chris would be happy to help anyone with more information.

View attachment 1715040599

Wow, that looks like he got away with an oem LS pan. I was expecting a modified aftermarket pan.

Yea,got pan fits. Biggest problem is tranny in the narrow a body tunnel without cutting up the floor.

Licorice72 and her husband did thier swap with a stock k member. Think they had to modify the oil pan. There's a build thread on here somewhere with details.

Thats a good looking 69 notch. I dont care what engines in it, i'd drive it. I love the stance, and the black steelies. Gonna try to get my 67 to sit like that.

Anybody else got anymore info on the swap or contact info for Chris?

So far the just from what i've seen to make life easier on this swap.

1. Tubular K-member would help a lot -$550 from QA1
2. Manual Steering gear box - PST sells a 16:1 for $459 if you have the money to spend.
3. S10 Conversion headers mid length(unless you go turbo then just flip em and it removes the clearance issues on the gear box)
4. Get the Gen III hemi spool mounts and elongate the holes a little bit to accompany the LS motor
5. Make things simple use a turbo 350/400 for the trans
6. FI tank setup or inline fuel pump and plum a return line
7. GTO oil pan helps with clearance issues.

Any other major take aways so far? I'm mainly asking because I'm trying to decide to go this route or the 5.7 Gen III route. The GEN III hemi route seems a lot more expensive and just as if not more labor intensive. I know the purist will hate but I'm not building my car for everyone else. Building it for me.

2. Manual Steering gear box - PST sells a 16:1 for $459 if you have the money to spend.
3. S10 Conversion headers mid length(unless you go turbo then just flip em and it removes the clearance issues on the gear box)
4. Get the Gen III hemi spool mounts and elongate the holes a little bit to accompany the LS motor

Any other major take aways so far? I'm mainly asking because I'm trying to decide to go this route or the 5.7 Gen III route. The GEN III hemi route seems a lot more expensive and just as if not more labor intensive. I know the purist will hate but I'm not building my car for everyone else. Building it for me.
You could buy and install the gen3 hemi set up I have for sale and be done cheaper I think...

That's what I was doing. I already have a well built 6.2 ls3 to go in or I have to build my 440's ,400, or 360. 67 cuda with 318/904. Don't have the money to Build em,so swap in the gm.

Last edited by a moderator:

Only bad thing I see would be cutting the floor up for the turbo400, it's big. Maybe turbo 350 fits better? Dunno...

Only bad thing I see would be cutting the floor up for the turbo400, it's big. Maybe turbo 350 fits better? Dunno...
I'm more so looking for the turbo 350 route, I don't see much cutting(if any to get that in there except for a hole to throw a hurst shifter or something on the floor. The cost savings are huge when comparing it side by side ride now versus the Gen III hemi swap.

Yea the hemi would be ok if you had deep pockets. Besides,the LS power is comparable if not better and less cost to build. I been talkin to a very knolegable guy that just informed my that amc made a 904 mopar tranny with a gm engine bolt pattern. In thinking easy...

Where is the cost savings. In LS3 over GIII. Is it motor and trans and tuning. Can it be done on stock k member. Seems like most mods are the same. Fuel delivery, headers, kmember. Not putting it down at all but is the difference that big. It's been several years since I did my swap. I know there is a lot more out there for it now and a lot more in the junk yard.

-
Back