LSx Valiant Build. Take a look inside...

-
You my friend, are doing a great job and a hell of a awesome swap i love it,

When i buy my Dart a few years back i had a ready to swap in built Toyota 2JZ Big custom Turbo inline 6 that produce 1160 WHP in the car it get installed when i sold it, and if it wasnt that i get 9k for it it would end up in my dart instead of the 440 i got right now, and i would be having it already in running condition by now, for real i regret not swaping the 2JZ Toyota in it!

here is the 2JZ picture

be1f9e1f.jpg

Thank you sir!

Wow, 1160 whp is a ton of power! But I know those 2j's don't dissaspoint. Sorry you couldn't resist the 9k lol. I probably wouldn't have either.

Non-Mopar engines, in a MOPAR of any kind, is blasphemy. Yep, I true blue MOPAR guy.
I for one, don't believe these are a superior engine over the Gen-3 HEMI.
How is the new camaro doing in Stock & Super Stock? Not seem many headlines on the superior engine accomplishments.
1000 hp from a stock block, not for long. is that why there is an aftermarket block for these engines? Someone must have seen a need for one.
LS stands for a Load of ****.
Need to change the name of the site "For A-Bodies & Mopar engines only" to keep these trolls out of here.
I did notice that most of the people welcoming this guy, don't comment on other threads.
No welcome from me for mister ls!
Keep it real, Keep it MOPAR!

How is the new Camaro engine doing in Stock & Super Stock? I'll be honest, I don't know and I don't care. Guess what? Most GM enthusiasts dont know and dont care either. Does that matter to the regular hot rod enthusiast anyway? It doesn't. What matters to us is, "what's the most we can do with the least amount of money?" That usually means stock shortblocks and aftermarket valvetrain or power adders.

All 'big three' companies have aftermarket blocks. Doesn't Chrysler? But again, it doesn't matter. The average joe (95% of hot rodders; pulled figure out of thin air) can't afford an aftermarket block anyway. So what are we left with? You guessed it!! Production blocks my man.

I'm not a troll. I frequent the site, but usually don't have much to contribute given that I'm not nearly as knowledgeable about Mopars as most on here. So why am I here? I appreciate a good Mopar when I see one, and I am attempting to build one myself. Plus, the LS swap into a Mopar is not a common occurrence. In the short amount of posts I've gotten in this thread so far, some members have expressed interest in my build. I hope to help those members with any questions they may have. Who knows, maybe they'll take the plunge and build an LS powered Mopar too.

Thanks for the welcome sir! :D

Good on ya for building your car how you want your car to be built. I have friends running lsx engines and they make great power and love power adders.
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432473
I am a dodge guy but can not deny the lsx is a good engine. Good luck with the project and have fun with it, I am sure its going to leave a lot of cars seeing tail lights. The car is very clean looking and will turn a lot of heads.

Trevor

Heck, I think I will just put a Kubota diesel in my Barracuda convertible. If I can get a hole shot I will smoke your LS literally.

Go for it! Careful though, if you take that Barracuda to a Mopar race/show ppl might say bad things. :tard:

That Camaro with the diesel is bitchin'. I'm sure it's pretty fast too. I'll check out the feature a lil later. Thanks.

Good on ya for building your car how you want your car to be built. I have friends running lsx engines and they make great power and love power adders.
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432473
I am a dodge guy but can not deny the lsx is a good engine. Good luck with the project and have fun with it, I am sure its going to leave a lot of cars seeing tail lights. The car is very clean looking and will turn a lot of heads.

Trevor

Thank you for the kind comments sir. That Fairmont looks wicked for sure. I know a guy on ls1tech was running a 5.3 with a t76 turbo in a fairmont very much like the one in your link and running some crazy times. These motors love power adders, that's for sure.

How is the new Camaro engine doing in Stock & Super Stock? I'll be honest, I don't know and I don't care. Guess what? Most GM enthusiasts dont know and dont care either. Does that matter to the regular hot rod enthusiast anyway? It doesn't. What matters to us is, "what's the most we can do with the least amount of money?" That usually means stock shortblocks and aftermarket valvetrain or power adders.

All 'big three' companies have aftermarket blocks. Doesn't Chrysler? But again, it doesn't matter. The average joe (95% of hot rodders; pulled figure out of thin air) can't afford an aftermarket block anyway. So what are we left with? You guessed it!! Production blocks my man.

I'm not a troll. I frequent the site, but usually don't have much to contribute given that I'm not nearly as knowledgeable about Mopars as most on here. So why am I here? I appreciate a good Mopar when I see one, and I am attempting to build one myself. Plus, the LS swap into a Mopar is not a common occurrence. In the short amount of posts I've gotten in this thread so far, some members have expressed interest in my build. I hope to help those members with any questions they may have. Who knows, maybe they'll take the plunge and build an LS powered Mopar too.

Thanks for the welcome sir! :D

I have a friend with a 63 Ford powered by a Turbo'd 6.0 with a 4L80 and a gear vendor OD. It's pretty fun.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5rqCOOA5AU&feature=channel&list=UL"]1963 Ford F-100 unibody LQ4 chevy 6.0 turbo 4L80e trans 0-100 mph pull - YouTube[/ame]

LS1Ace and topbrent, I applaud both of you for your determination and honesty. I too am into A-Bodies and hot rodding. I am not into Purists of any kind and despise persons without imagination. I built a 65 Barracuda in the early 80's where as I chopped the top 7 inches and sunk the rear window into the rear quarters to be aesthetically correct and when I drove it to Englishtown for the Mopar Nationals I was put into a position where Mopar purists told me I ruined the car, for cryin out loud, the Barracuda was worth at that time maybe $2000 in stock form, sold it for ten. Today I drive a 64 Signet I built in 85 and even though its got a roller cam 360 and weighs only 2500 pounds I'd sure like to use either a 5.3 or one of my 3 extra built zero miles LT1 engine's and one of the T56 trans I also have. At my age I am just happy enough to be above ground and on this planet and all six of my vehicles 2 Mopar, 2 GM, 1 VW and Mercedes coupe are all modified and great to drive.

Never sweat the small stuff and everything, every comment is just that, small stuff

And there's nothing like a good whip antenna, CB, reversed shackles and stick on vinyl stripes, decals and baby Jesus on the dash

That's a big 10-4 good buddy :)

Hey guys and girls,

I couldn't find a section to put this in. Overall, the hemi swap section seemed the most appropriate.

I picked up this Valiant about 3 years ago and since then I've contemplated what direction I wanted to take with it. With a background in lsx vehicles, I naturally wanted to stuff an lsx into it. It soon became apparent however, that the swap was not very common at all. Originallity be damned, I decided to get together with a local fabricator and make it happen.

Here is the result. The goal is to one day turbocharge it, but for now it will be an na build with nitrous. If anybody is interested or has any comments, questions, concerns go ahead and let me know. I'll do all I can to help.

24kxvg7.jpg

The motor fits better in here than it has ever fit n any stock lsx equipped vehicle I've ever seen.

10hulh0.jpg

Took a custom oil pan.

3342kit.jpg

Custom trans member and mount

oh man this LS swap has been going through my mind for a while.. so much more cost effective then a new hemi swap.

Now that the LS swap has been done once, you will soon be able to buy an ls swap kit that will include headers, coilovers, motor mounts, and trans cross member. And it will be in the GP performance parts catalog, LS1tech magazine, and every company that sells GM parts will have there own version. It will cost about $600 for the kit.

Mopar car body's will become non existent due to GM guys buying them up to swap in the LS they have laying around.

I usually am a pretty hard core mopar guy...but truth be told....cant say much bad about the LS....its a very nice engine. Looks like you are doing a nice clean build......should be good

i was talking to bill at RMS a few months ago and he was thinking about offering mounts to on his alter-k for the LS motors because he had so many calls asking for them.

hell you can get a ls motor (alumn block one) complete, with harness and computer and the OD transmission for around $3k. how can you beat that.. put another $1800 for a totally tunable injection set up from FAST i think it was and $350 camaro headers and your ready to go.. no way your gonna get all that for a new hemi swap that cheap. hell just to get OD in a mopar is 3+ thousand dollars for god sakes.

I love this stuff.........:happy1::happy1::happy1:

LS1Ace and topbrent, I applaud both of you for your determination and honesty. I too am into A-Bodies and hot rodding. I am not into Purists of any kind and despise persons without imagination. I built a 65 Barracuda in the early 80's where as I chopped the top 7 inches and sunk the rear window into the rear quarters to be aesthetically correct and when I drove it to Englishtown for the Mopar Nationals I was put into a position where Mopar purists told me I ruined the car, for cryin out loud, the Barracuda was worth at that time maybe $2000 in stock form, sold it for ten. Today I drive a 64 Signet I built in 85 and even though its got a roller cam 360 and weighs only 2500 pounds I'd sure like to use either a 5.3 or one of my 3 extra built zero miles LT1 engine's and one of the T56 trans I also have. At my age I am just happy enough to be above ground and on this planet and all six of my vehicles 2 Mopar, 2 GM, 1 VW and Mercedes coupe are all modified and great to drive.

Never sweat the small stuff and everything, every comment is just that, small stuff

Thanks HotLines. In the end, whatever makes you happy is what it's all about. A 2500 lb Signet with v8 power would sure do it for me! If i can keep this car at 3000 lbs with me in it I'll be a happy camper.

ps: there is a member on here who has done the t56 swap into his duster, I think his screename is DustBull or something like that. Unfortunately, his car was rear ended and he started a new project.

I can understand the engine choice...but why not put it in a Chevy II Nova?

I love Mopars (and most all cars for that matter)...The Chevy II is similar styling, but better looking to me than a Valiant IMHO.

Ford engines in Ford bodies...Chevy engines in Chevy bodies...Mopar engines in Mopars!

Paul

I'm not saying old cars are seen too often on the streets, because they're simply not. However, whenever I do see an older car on the streets it tends to be: 1st gen camaro, some sort of nova, el camino, or a mustang. I wanted something different. I'm not gonna lie, my first choice probably would have been a 65 Belvedere or a 63 Dodge 330. But the Valiant I thought was the right amount of subtle and sleek, and for the price couldn't be beat.

i was talking to bill at RMS a few months ago and he was thinking about offering mounts to on his alter-k for the LS motors because he had so many calls asking for them.

hell you can get a ls motor (alumn block one) complete, with harness and computer and the OD transmission for around $3k. how can you beat that.. put another $1800 for a totally tunable injection set up from FAST i think it was and $350 camaro headers and your ready to go.. no way your gonna get all that for a new hemi swap that cheap. hell just to get OD in a mopar is 3+ thousand dollars for god sakes.

The RMS setup is beautiful. If I had the cash, I would have loved to go with it and would have asked Bill to set me up with some ls motor mounts too. :)

I think you hit the nail on the head with the cost comparison. It's just too good. Like your car by the way, with all the suspension mods I bet she's a beauty to drive.

Its a Hot Rod.....build it like you want! At shows I walk past lots of Novas and Camaros when I see something like this, the fact is has an LS in it would take some of the wind out of my sails but I can fully understand why and would not rag on the owner that he "destoyed" the car, hell its a Valiant, we are lucky it has not been crushed....... Enjoy..........

It's just a bolt in modification no cutting. I be more pissed off if he shaved the door handles off. LOL...

Edit had to go make sure the car has door handle you know how Chevy guys are.

-
Back