Lunati camshaft keyway/woodruff key?

-
Did you get the keyway figured out? If not, I can grind one down and send it to you. Just let me know the length....

Thanks Carl, I have a few keys to grind down should the machinists order get screwed up and I become impatient.
He ordered some. He took some measurements and hunted a few down. There are two styles to consider here. Full curve under the flat or a shaved flat on the top of the curve. He ordered both.
The size is .520 long and 3/16 (.1875) wide. Depth is unknown but I could Mike it up if you want. It'll take 2 minutes.

But as you can see, the key is smaller than a stock Mopar key. Which I think I can get a MP off set key to Mike up as well.

So what's your point to mention that you use stock parts on your stuff that I can not use and also do not fit what I have.

I need some help.

How have you helped? What am I missing?
Oh, OK, I get it now. I probably would have helped you a lot more if I had mentioned that the HELP kit had a whole variety of key sizes...oooops. I thought one might fit your cam. I just assumed you would go look! Doh....

Thanks Carl, I have a few keys to grind down should the machinists order get screwed up and I become impatient.
He ordered some. He took some measurements and hunted a few down. There are two styles to consider here. Full curve under the flat or a shaved flat on the top of the curve. He ordered both.
The size is .520 long and 3/16 (.1875) wide. Depth is unknown but I could Mike it up if you want. It'll take 2 minutes.

But as you can see, the key is smaller than a stock Mopar key. Which I think I can get a MP off set key to Mike up as well.

If the groove is the same depth as the standard cam, it should work, or we could always grind a little off the bottom... As long as it doesn't stick up too much and interfere with the slot in the timing gear...

rumblefish360
Just wondering if you worked out, and were able to look in to the cam eccentric alignment (as we talked about in another thread) considering the Lunati cam appears to a bit shorter?

-
Back