Lunati Hydraulic FT Cam users..........

-
Remember to take the inner Springs out when you break the cam in..

Bahahaha....
and why would he have inner springs with a mild hydraulic.
Put the dang cam in with the KY jelly and give it some revs for a bit. lol
Most cam failures are operator error or the wrong springs. I think more operator error and Walmart oil. lol

Weeeelll....... the recommended spring is a 400lb/in dual.......

And......

I believe the SM heads come with duals.
I burn a cam, and I'm going solid magnum roller motor :D

Weeeelll....... the recommended spring is a 400lb/in dual.......

And......

I believe the SM heads come with duals.
The 703 lunati requires a 400lb spring? ???

I think mine (Speedmasters) were 340 @525... I'll go look..

unless someone's going to say I'm slinging poo because I'm not answering the original question...

Last edited:
I think mine (Speedmasters) were 340 @525... I'll go look..

unless someone's going to say I'm slinging poo because I'm not answering the original question...
I truly believe that you Boy's have beat this horse to death, barbecued it, crapped it out and flushed it in to the next century.

So just curious as to if anyone has used rhoads lifters with a modern/aggressive lobe and how they worked together.

I truly believe that you Boy's have beat this horse to death, barbecued it, crapped it out and flushed it in to the next century.
3a7505e7566582c41a934e97ff880e61.jpg

So just curious as to if anyone has used rhoads lifters with a modern/aggressive lobe and how they worked together.
I would think it would, in a way, soften the speed of the ramps/duration/and lift at low RPM's ?????

so what I hear you saying is we need to tell you what kind of solid lifter cam you should use....

Bahahaha...

I would think it would, in a way, soften the speed of the ramps/duration/and lift at low RPM's ?????
It is an interesting thought, most modern/aggressive lobes already build more cylinder psi and then my thought was how does the rhoads metering keep up with/react to the lobe design. I would hope that rhoads has that figured out but I'm just thinking out loud and wondered if someone had some first had experience. Wonder what a hughes grind with rhoads would be like lol.

It is an interesting thought, most modern/aggressive lobes already build more cylinder psi and then my thought was how does the rhoads metering keep up with/react to the lobe design. I would hope that rhoads has that figured out but I'm just thinking out loud and wondered if someone had some first had experience. Wonder what a hughes grind with rhoads would be like lol.
30 yrs ago when I was installing MP cams, it was never a question.

There should be no more questions on this subject. LOL
You guy's using solid flat tappet really need to upgrade to a solid roller. lol You are giving up power !! LOL

I just looked at the paperwork for the out of the box SM's... 150 closed and 320 @525 lift if I'm interpreting the information correctly...

There should be no more questions on this subject. LOL
You guy's using solid flat tappet really need to upgrade to a solid roller. lol You are giving up power !! LOL
Have you used rhoads lifters on modern lobes?,only ask since it seems you know something about them and I know nothing about anything eeerrr I mean them.

Have you used rhoads lifters on modern lobes?
Nope. I've used them on lazy ramp hydraulics and solids, one of which was a .557 purple back in the early 80's.
They will be fine on a fast ramp

Well **** I just installed a set of lunati lifters last night on a comp cam . Hopefully I have no issues. Gonna drop In the motor tomorrow and break it in

The 703 lunati requires a 400lb spring? ???

Look at exactly what I wrote.

The recommended spring is number 73195, which is same spring as a Comp 995.

And then of course.......Neither of those would be correct for the SM heads.

-
Back