M * a * s * h

-

Bad Sport

HALF A BUBBLE OFF
Staff member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Any fans?

My wife just told me the entire 11 year run is now on Netflix, yeehaw.

I could be wrong but I thing it's final episode still holds the record for most viewers.

Alan Alda essentially played himself in that show.

I always enjoyed it. I actually liked the 2nd generation cast better than the original.

I have a feeling the wife will be sorry she told me about it, lol. She likes the show, just not as devoted as I am.

I was young when it was on, but I've always beena history and war buff so mom let me watch it once ina while. I grew to love it, it's still one of my favorites. I like both casts myeself...lol.
"I love to go swimmin' with bow-legged women and swim through their legs..."

Big fan for years! I watch reruns and swear I see episodes I have never seen before.

I like the show. I don't like how Hollywood flip flopped the original "Hawkeye Pierce" character's politics. His character was based on Richard Hooker, who was as far from Alan Alda's portrayed political position as possible.

Hooker didn't like the TV series at all, but did approve of the original pilot movie. I think the show was good, but I think it could have been even better had it been based on the actual reality, instead of trying to advertise the then popular at the time leftist political agenda.

All that said, I do tend to agree with Alda's interpretation as far as his character's "anti war" position. I think war should always be the last resort.....but it's a resort that must be faced, if it has to be, instead of run from.

It's among my favorite shows for sure though. I still watch it regularly on MeTv.

I had an autographed original screen copy of the script for "Dear Sydney" signed by Alan Alda...

Oh yeah. I love that show. Great writing. It could make you laugh in one scene, then bawl your eyes out in the next.

Steve

never seen any of the movies and there isn't a single episode I have not seen

I like it because it is one of the few shows ive ever seen that don't polute the mind

without letting the cat out of the bag, I think I might have cried on the episode Lt.Col. Blake went home

great show, I may have to watch a few episodes now

Any fans?

My wife just told me the entire 11 year run is now on Netflix, yeehaw.
Why would you get it from Netflix? You can have it here 24/7 commercial free:

http://www.tvpc.com/Channel.php?ChannelID=52548

When the site opens, don't click on anything; just watch the counter and in about
20 seconds the ads will close on there own and then you can open it full screen.

Just hover the cursor on the black part at the bottom of the small screen and the
volume control and screen size buttons will appear.

My wife watches the reruns all the time. I catch a few with her too. I was at the Smithsonian in DC, 1985 I think and they had the operating room set up from the tv show you could walk through. Very cool.... My fav is the original movie

For those that have seen the movie AND the series, who do you prefer? Sally Kellerman or Loretta Swit? Who was the better Hot Lips?

For those that have seen the movie AND the series, who do you prefer? Sally Kellerman or Loretta Swit? Who was the better Hot Lips?

Neither were or are very attractive to me. If forced to choose, I go with Kellerman. I cannot stand Loretta Swit's screamin mouth. I would have crammed a rifle down her throat to get her to shut up.

Enjoyed the show always. One of my favorites is when the Frank's fox hole is filled with water and he jumps into it.

Hell ya, you you guyssssssssssssssss what a classic,I still watch even tho I have seen it a million time.great thread.

-
Back