magnum 500s on a dart?

-

mopardart72

I'm a pretty big deal
Reaction score
i recently bought some magnum 500s from my buddy Mobodyman for 20 a pop and im anxious to see what they will look like anyone got sum pics with the magnum wheels on a dart. thats my current project is getting the wheels to look good

moparty003.jpg

moparty022.jpg

I put magnum wheels on my fish. They do look much better than hubcaps but... they dont measure up to rallyes. Reason being, when you go to a local cruise-in you will see magnum wheels on everything. Mustangs , Pontiacs, you name it.
Magnum wheels have a history of wearing out the lugs holes too because they dont have a contiuos mounting surface .

wow my car will look good then. Ive always liked the classic mags. there second to ralleyes but i cant afford ralleyes

I agree, They look great on that Dart and are a nice change from the usual Rallyes

Would have liked to run them on my '68 Dart. Bought the wheels and tires for $650.00 and was "assured" by buddy they would fit my Dart. As I got them late spring, just put them away until very recently. Found they don't fit my small bolt pattern. Phoned buddy up to buy them back and guess what; he doesn't have any money. Surprise, surprise!
They are great looking though and I was really looking forward to having them. My choice before Magnum 500's would have been Keystone Klassics; they are close in appearance but still different enough. Really like the looks of Cragar SS wheels even though "everyone" has them.
Just my two cents worth.
Cheers Paul

They'll fit your car when you do the upgrades to the front brakes and rear axel......he might have been mixed up about what year car you have but think you got a good deal being you got wheels and tires,I called a few sources for just the wheels, lugs and cap's........holy crow!!!!950$ plus shipping!!!!and up!
Would have liked to run them on my '68 Dart. Bought the wheels and tires for $650.00 and was "assured" by buddy they would fit my Dart. As I got them late spring, just put them away until very recently. Found they don't fit my small bolt pattern. Phoned buddy up to buy them back and guess what; he doesn't have any money. Surprise, surprise!
They are great looking though and I was really looking forward to having them. My choice before Magnum 500's would have been Keystone Klassics; they are close in appearance but still different enough. Really like the looks of Cragar SS wheels even though "everyone" has them.
Just my two cents worth.
Cheers Paul

They'll fit your car when you do the upgrades to the front brakes and rear axel.
What upgrades would allow the magnums to work? I have a '68 dart that I'm just starting a look at rims and didn't realize that the bolt pattern would be so different. What kind of a cost am I looking at if I opt for magnums or Ralleyes in addition to the rims?

Yes and yes magnums are one of the best rims Mopar made....

Here is a video of a RoadRunner wearing some and slicks.....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWopWMFlf9Y"]YouTube- 68 roadrunner burnout[/ame]

What upgrades would allow the magnums to work? I have a '68 dart that I'm just starting a look at rims and didn't realize that the bolt pattern would be so different. What kind of a cost am I looking at if I opt for magnums or Ralleyes in addition to the rims?

I'm going to be upgrading my Dart to the Large Bolt Pattern (LBP) and have been checking into different options.There's a couple different ways to go depending on what you have for brakes and rearend already.If you have drums on the front,a good and probably lowest cost option is to go with the 73-76 a-body disc brake setup which requires changing the spindle,upper control arm,master cylinder and porportioning valve then adding the rotors and calipers.This will give you much better braking and cheap and relatively easy parts availability.

If you have the factory disc brakes on the front you can keep everything else but swap the rotors to 66 style Mustang ones which have the 5x4.5 LBP bolt pattern and can be modified to work with the factory a-body disc brake spindle and caliper.There's a thread on here in the steering/suspension tech forum about it and that's what I'll do with my car when I get to it.

If cost is no object,SSBC has a complete kit for disc brakes with the LBP which looks first class but a more expensive option.

I recently bought used 14" Magnum 5x4.5 to go on my Dart after conversion to 73-76 style disc brake conversion. They do not fit. They will not go all the way on the rotor before the center of the wheel comes in contact with the hub on the rotor. What gives? I wasn't aware of any conflicts.

I will answer my own question. I tried the same wheels on my E-body and they would fit.
Measuring the bearing hub on the rotors between the two cars I found the E-body had a .1" taper. Since the Dart needed new rotors anyway the local Autozone had some in stock. They were tapered more drastically and consequently worked just fine.

I will answer my own question. I tried the same wheels on my E-body and they would fit.
Measuring the bearing hub on the rotors between the two cars I found the E-body had a .1" taper. Since the Dart needed new rotors anyway the local Autozone had some in stock. They were tapered more drastically and consequently worked just fine.

-
Back