Magnum cam woodruff key

-

gtmopar

Phuckin A!
Reaction score
Sounds like a dumb question but I can't find a woodruff key for a short snout magnum cam. Summit doesn't have them nor does any part store in town. I ground one down and got it to fit but I'm a little Leary of that sucker possibly coming out. I don't think its possible it can, what say you guys?

Probably be ok. If you can post some pics of how it fits would give us a better idea.

I think its ok I'm just being neurotic. Hey Rob ill get those adjusters and cap bolts sent out to you Monday. Sorry I spaced it. You guys need a cam for that motor? I've got a comp 268h that's got about 500 miles on it. Trying to downsize my collection of crap.

No worries. Naw, he just picked up that little Erson grind a couple of day ago. I gotta get some stuff organized this weekend and take advantage of this cool snap. I gotta few carburetors I need to finish up.

Yea my productivity has been low. It's been hotter than **** and I'm under the weather. Let me know if you need parts. I just pulled a screaming 318 out that I'm going to part out.

I believe the cam, sprocket, and bolt/washer will keep the key firmly in place, even if sheared. The cam bod keeps it in from the rear, the sprocket retains it radially, the bolt keeps it from coming out the front. IIRC.

The key carries little if any load and is designed to shear, but if the fit is sloppy, your cam events may be advanced or retarded.

Yea I'm just over thinking it. It's tight and you're right it can't go anywhere. And I was thinking Tractor supply TSC but I wouldn't think they would have woodruff keys but I appreciate the info. I think I'm ok so she's going to roll as is. Thanks fellas

-
Back