magnum engine intake

-

torkflight

Reaction score
this has probably been discussed but I couldn't find anything on it when I searched it, wondering, who makes an open plenum intake for a magnum 360 head with the magnum bolt configuration? trying to avoid drilling the heads for the la pattern if I don't need to, Thanks

There are a few options available. What are you trying to do with it?

I've been researching intake possibilities for a conversion I'm thinking about too. I done some research and was told that it's possible to weld the holes in an LA style intake and re-drill them to match the Magnum head intake mounting holes. Again this is things I've read and talked to a few shops about. I was told that the only difference in manifolds is pretty much the hole angles. I don't know if that helps, but it's a thought. Good luck man.

I think Indy makes a Magnum single plane intake also .....that and MP is it.

The beer barrel is pretty damned open.....

I've been researching intake possibilities for a conversion I'm thinking about too. I done some research and was told that it's possible to weld the holes in an LA style intake and re-drill them to match the Magnum head intake mounting holes. Again this is things I've read and talked to a few shops about. I was told that the only difference in manifolds is pretty much the hole angles. I don't know if that helps, but it's a thought. Good luck man.

AFAIK, A member here (U.O.P ) made this jig, for his setup. M1 and Indy are it, for single planes Magnum style. EQ Magnum replacement heads have the option of LA intake pattern. (part no. CH318B)

I bieleve his jig is for the heads to convert to an "LA" pattern.
That would really open up options for you rather than just doing the intake alone.

I made a jig to redrill my magnum heads to use the la intake. Its not hard to do if you have basic welding / fabrication knowledge and equipment

-
Back