Magnum serpentine belt questions

-

MileHighDart

Reaction score
So I'm having some trouble getting the right belt for my magnum 5.9 swap.

Here's what I got.
It's a '99 5.9 Magnum from a ram 2500 truck.
I took off the a/c and replaced it with a a/c delete bracket and pulley. The pulley is in the same place as the original a/c and the pulley is the same diameter.
I also took off the truck power steering pump bracket and replaced it with a bracket from a '99 ram van with a 5.9 This moves the pump down so it clears the battery tray.
So I figured all I need to do is get a belt for a '99 ram van and I should be good to go.
Bought one on the way home tonight and tried to put it on. It's better than the truck belt, but its still about 2" short.
I figured all the other pulleys were the same between truck and van (water pump, tensioner, idler pulley, etc.
What am I missing? The parts store might be able to match something up that's slightly longer, but I'd kind of like to know why the van belt wont fit.
Anyone run into this on their magnum swap?

So I'm having some trouble getting the right belt for my magnum 5.9 swap.

Here's what I got.
It's a '99 5.9 Magnum from a ram 2500 truck.
I took off the a/c and replaced it with a a/c delete bracket and pulley. The pulley is in the same place as the original a/c and the pulley is the same diameter.
I also took off the truck power steering pump bracket and replaced it with a bracket from a '99 ram van with a 5.9 This moves the pump down so it clears the battery tray.
So I figured all I need to do is get a belt for a '99 ram van and I should be good to go.
Bought one on the way home tonight and tried to put it on. It's better than the truck belt, but its still about 2" short.
I figured all the other pulleys were the same between truck and van (water pump, tensioner, idler pulley, etc.
What am I missing? The parts store might be able to match something up that's slightly longer, but I'd kind of like to know why the van belt wont fit.
Anyone run into this on their magnum swap?

Only thing I can think of is, is your belt routing correct?

I run a Magnum serpentine belt on my EFI'd 408, but I have the air and narrowed the battery tray and run a narrower battery to avoid the interference with the stock truck style power steering pump.

eng4 (Medium).png

Only thing I can think of is, is your belt routing correct?

I run a Magnum serpentine belt on my EFI'd 408, but I have the air and narrowed the battery tray and run a narrower battery to avoid the interference with the stock truck style power steering pump.

View attachment 1715071236

Yeah, the only reason I didn't do the narrow battery thing is because I already have a brand new interstate battery for it that I won as a door prize at a car show last summer.
And pretty sure my belt routing is correct. I looked back at pics of the engine before I tore it apart. And the new belt showed the routing on the package

-
Back