Making my 1/8 mile drag tires..... For ICE!!!!

-

R5P7Duster

358 ci Nightmare
Reaction score
Here are a few pics of my tires in the process. These were taken a few days ago. I have one tire done now and almost half done with the other...

A look from the inside

100_1783.jpg

Outside look

100_1784.jpg

My buddy Bill giving a helping hand

100_1785.jpg

Damn, that is wicked, are you gonna race it on the ice soon?

TNT is scheduled for next weekend (Jan 9th) we had 8" of ice last weekend. Had around -10* the last few nights and never got above 8* during the day. So we should have plenty of ice next weekend. After the 9th we have 5 weeks of racing:-D

Check out the vids I posted above...

Do they prep the track at night LOL!I think I have some spare tires,I,d like to try anything once!Beautiful car by the way and welcome to FABO!

Do they prep the track at night LOL!I think I have some spare tires,I,d like to try anything once!Beautiful car by the way and welcome to FABO!

Actually we just have a sweeper we drive down the track after we plow any snow off that may be there.

Every sunday after the races we flood the track to fill in all the ruts and by the next weekend it is froze solid and ready to go again...

We have around 60-70 races per weekend... The more the merrier and bigger payout :-D

Thanks!

Some of those guys are $h!t!n and gettin. I just wanna know if it gets hairy on the big end when you gotta let off the go pedal?

How much does it cost per tire!???

If you don't have to buy tires, it'll cost about $350 for all the supplies to build them.

The cars actually stop very well. The screws really dig into the ice and stop even the cars that are hitting 140 without a chute...

Man that looks like fun.

-
Back