Man I do NOT have the suds, anymore

-
I use an old Meyer T5 (I think) snow plow motor/ pump on my snow plow. It has about a 5" stroke and easily lifts about 300 pounds that my plow weighs. I bought it five years ago for $75. A newer Meyer E58 snowplow lift might be just the ticket, but they go for $300 and up as old units needing rebuild. Just another option. A hand pump bottle jack might be good too.

Last couple of days, I got the toolbox mounted. "It's kinda ugly" but I had to clear the latches for the torque arms on the equalizer, and got most of the re-wiring done. It already had conduit, which I had to chop up some to mod the trailer, but I got some scrap welded in to replace what I cut out. NO damn 3m Scothloks, which should have been outlawed years ago. 'S all soldered

2sbqzhy.jpg

14jc741.jpg

Well the tilt part of this project is DONE and it works GREAT!!!!

Things to do:

Rework the winch mount, which can wait

Need to string wire in the "beater Ranger" for a brake controller

Put a vertical hitch receiver over on pass. side frame to "plug in" a spare tire mount, yet to be built

Build adjustable jacks for the rear, AKA upside down jackstands. These will be simple, and will simply be pinned through holes in the rear stake pocket loops. All they will do is limit downtravel when raised, so the jack and bed does not raise more fully

Below is loading the ground dragging, much hated 95 Olds, I figgguuurrree if I can load this SKUD, I can load most anything. Already "tried out" the little Farmall. I can jack!!! (tilt) both the car and the farmall!!! from fully loaded just as a test, but this will not be normulous operationdus. Normally, I'll slide the load back to relieve some of the front, then tilt the bed.

Don't know if you can see in the first pic how much more the jack ram is tilted "up" after redo-ing both front and rear jack mounting points.

I'm using the website "tinypic" to display these, as the FABO software turns photos blurry

http://i57.tinypic.com/244nlp0.jpg

With the bed down, there isn't more than about 1/4" of clearance for the bottle under the bed header. I could not have gotten much more "tilt." I didn't want the jack any lower to the ground, either.

http://i62.tinypic.com/2u6cy9l.jpg

Here the bed is tilted for loading. I believe this was 50, maybe 60 pumps on the jack

http://i61.tinypic.com/22i2qc.jpg

Below, partway up. This is why I need jacks in the rear----to keep the bed from coming "on up" and I'm sure it will "suck air" into the jack ram as well

http://i59.tinypic.com/2l8u2xe.jpg

With the back wheels on the bed, we have enough weight up front to release the jack and level the bed

http://i62.tinypic.com/34qtmjb.jpg

And, fully loaded. If I hadn't stopped to snap these photos it would not have taken more than a minute or two to load the thing
http://i62.tinypic.com/afc9kw.jpg

Looks great Del. When you comin to Georgia to do some work?

Looks great Del. When you comin to Georgia to do some work?

You can't afford my small phenominal phee, LOL. I'm takin the rest of the day off. I was so tired last night I took a rest before climbing into the shower. I was filthy!!

:prayer:Great piece of engineering there my friend! :prayer:This will give you many years of great service I'm sure.:cheers:

Nice info- Plus with the meds stuff. I also have gout and I take colchicine when it flares up. Gone in 2-3 days. Real cheap at Walmart- something like 10-15 dollars for a bunch of them. I am only 42 and have high glucose, high blood pressure, heart skips about 200 times an hour-average is 10-20. Asthma, 3 buldging and deteriating discs in my lower back and 2 in my neck. I am given pain meds but very rarely take them. I don't drink pop-soda-lol, hardly at all. I drink Gatorade mostly. Not real great for you if you don't sweat much but better for you than 90% of the other crap out there. I still eat my steak-just cut down on it. Doc said no more than 60 grams of carbs at each meal- which isn't too hard to stick with. Was in an accident 7 weeks ago in which we were rear-ended at about 50mph-we were stopped. Received a concussion and whiplash and I didn't even hit my head on anything- just the whipping snap. Been off of work since then because I drive tractor trailer and cant get my D.O.T. physical approved yet.
Like I said- Im only 42. I already have a cpap machine, glucose meter, and a blood pressure kit here at home.
Heres the kicker-the other day I went to a martial arts for film seminar, in past 4 weeks I retarred my roof, pulled some railroad ties around, reset trailer-ground sinks, mowed 2 acres with a push mower, worked on my 74 duster, and a few other things. Yes- my back isn't very bendable at the end of the day, or in the morning lol, but- I keep going and at most only take one tramadol every other few days. A tramadol is basically equal to 3 Tylenols.
Sorry I wrote so much. Keep trucking guys!

Between yesterday eve and today, I built a spare tire carrier. I bought a HF hitch receiver, a "long one" and will make several out of that one

This is the main end, for the tire. I'll use a second section just like it on the other side to plunk the winch into if needed, if, say, it's in the way of a load.

The other two will be very short sections, to pin the rear jacks to the back of the trailer. They can come right off and go into the toolbox

Yep, it's ugly...................

But then so is the tire and wheel, LOL. In my defense, the tire was free, round, and holds air. Maybe when I get time and ambition, I'll sandblast the rim and paint it black, at least. A chain dropped all the way through the upright tube holds the mount and tire from theft. The "honest ones," anyhow

At this angle, it looks like it has "no" ground clearance. It's higher than the fender and not much below the frame.

Sweet! Nice job on the tire carrier Mr. 67Dart273. You're just full of good ideas!

Fine job young man...Lol It is nice to see someone that uses there head for something other than a hat rack... On another note I don't think anyone will steal an ugly looking tire like that... If you clean it and paint it, It will get stolen.... Cable instead of chain looks cleaner and if it is plastic coated it wont scratch the fresh paint job... IMO. but who cares right....Bill:tongue3:

Since health tips for us geezers are being passed around I'll add this one..

COQ10... It's a natural enzyme that helps turn carbs into energy. I was told to take it when I was on medication for cholesterol. In Canada and Germany when a doctor prescribes an anti-cholesterol medication they also prescribe COQ10 to go with it. American doctors rarely prescribe vitamins.

I started feeling better within a couple weeks. I didn't even realize just how sluggish I was until I started to "come out" of it. I've been taking 200mg once a day for the past couple years.

More energy meant I was able to do more around the house which led to me eating less and losing weight. Without really dieting I've lost over 50 lbs since starting with the COQ10. I'm now off of the cholesterol med and my blood pressure is good.
Thanks for the tip. I have been on it the last few days, and my energy level has jumped.

So today was the first "field operational test," and as "extreme" as it gets, IE a body with no suspension, wheels, anything. I had junked this out, and dumped it up on Dad and Mom's property (now 1/2 mine) till I could do something with it.

Mom and Dad's "back field." Years ago, we cut hay and grazed our milk cows here. Sorry mess it is now!!

Getting started. It did not take long. The direlect body was sitting on the dirt in tall grass. Jacked it up in front and tossed concrete blocks under the front frame rails. Here, have the bed jacked part way up

Part way up. The "wench" cost me 150, it's the old style Warn 8K and works like a champ

Using the floor jack for front wheels, LOL

Just about there I think I spent nearly as much time shooting photos as loading the turd

I'll tell 'ya. Wish to 'ell I had this set up 30 or more years ago. This thing REALLY works, and was WELL worth the effort

'S a real thing 'o beauty, LOL. Jacked up one side and blocked it to get the door open. Not sure it was worth the trouble. No idea "wut ah did" wid' doz trunk keys

sn2sd5.jpg

I've been busy with other stuff all week, and out of town for a couple of days. Today I got some time, and built the "wench" mount.. It mounts with a 2" receiver. Support is a piece of 2x6 tube, with two triangulated angle braces

Well I'm about done and about done with this project. Only thing left is to slop a little more black paint on it, an idea, LOL, which I got from "the King of Obsolete."

http://www.kingofobsolete.ca/

Bought some cheap tongue jacks from Horrid (Chineseo) Freight for 25 bucks each, and made shore "receiver hitch" style sockets to plug them in, store them in the toolbox when done. BOY IS THIS NICE!!!! for us old guys.

2mgqyd5.jpg

2yl4ets.jpg

303g2ux.jpg

2h66b5y.jpg

Well I had this thing "done" for one whole day, and tonight the neighbor calls........"My pickup quit, will your fancy new trailer haul it?"

So we loaded it up, and tomorrow I'll tow it to the shop for him.

He got me a NICE heavy battery for my efforts!!!

16le3xj.jpg

A lot of hard work but it turned out real nice.... Wish you lived closer I would have you retro-fit mine to be the same... Ramps are a pain in the ars. For us old guys you could even put electric jacks to make it even easier.. But not on the wallet...LOL...Bill

.... Wish you lived closer I would have you retro-fit mine to be the same... ...Bill

Lordie, I would not do another one for lover 'ner money 'ner both put together LOL

I started this in April and here it is nearly July. I wish I had this thing 30 years ago

Don't blame you there.. Its funny how when you get older money doesn't seem to matter as much as the pain you acquire doing the job...Bill

Lordie, I would not do another one for lover 'ner money 'ner both put together LOL

I started this in April and here it is nearly July. I wish I had this thing 30 years ago

Great job my friend! Lots of great ideas put into this rig and from what I can see, nice weld beads too. I wish I could weld that well. Anyway, here's to many great years of easy towing!:blob:

Great job my friend! Lots of great ideas put into this rig and from what I can see, nice weld beads too. I wish I could weld that well. Anyway, here's to many great years of easy towing!:blob:

Thanks. Welding is not that good, LOL. Wish I'd had this 30 years ago!!! The neighbor presented me with a brand new battery which I can barely lift!!! for my efforts.

-
Back