Man, I'm so tempted

-

dart4forte

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Saw this yesterday while at the dealer getting the airbag issue resolved on my CTD. Kinda getting tired of bending over fenders.

Hellcat.jpg

I traded mine in last year for my Demon. The HellCat is a very fast Boring car! 707 HP has never been easier to drive. NOT getting the Demon tho, so no more Hell Cat!

Just wait till it has issues... Hope you have a huge check book...Nothing like having a 700hp car for a driver that you have to go as fast as a prius 99% of the time.

Cummins Turbo Diesel
gotcha
i know they are great for towing but ive always felt diesel engine belong on farm implements (and that has nothing to do with the fact i rented a van once, in some far away country that quit working after the first time i filled her up with gas)

With today's paint technologies, you'd think they could get the nose to match the rest of the car.....
my guess is it doesnt have 700 HP brakes

With today's paint technologies, you'd think they could get the nose to match the rest of the car.....

There are many reasons why this happens. It happens at the factory and at a collision shop.

1. A bumper cover is essentially a panel paint. You're painting a part with a large portion of it being flat against another panel. Blending will cure this but it's not going to happen at the factory and rarely at a body shop.
2. Cars are painted at the factory where the bumper covers are painted off site. Lots of room for difference here.
3. The evaporation rate is different from metal to plastic. The slower the solvent evaporates the longer the flake has to float instead of stand up. This will change the face of the color.

I traded mine in last year for my Demon. The HellCat is a very fast Boring car! 707 HP has never been easier to drive. NOT getting the Demon tho, so no more Hell Cat!

Gotta agree with your comment about 707hp never been easier to drive! I drove a Hellcat for several days around a track recently and it was an easy car to drive, even at the limits. I’ve driven a Viper around a track and that was even easier to drive but then it was purpose built as a track car. I wrongly thought the Hellcat would be a tank/more difficult compared to the Viper, and while it drove differently and wasn’t as smooth to drive around the track, it wasn’t as bad as I assumed it would be to drive.

I just picked up a challenger hellcat myself. Great car. Has the looks of an e body Mopar, loads or power, killer braking system and can get 20+ miles per gallon.
BB2BB5F1-7475-489D-A6B9-C21D1A644CEE.jpeg

I want one, but I'd have to sell off my classic cars. Plus, i thought I might trade in my 2013 Big Horn Ram, most goodies, 51k miles. From what I can see, it's worth about 20k. Stickered over 41k. Nothing like depreciation.

Well, if I did the buy the GTS would have to go. I would keep the truck and 24' trailer in case I want to do some standing start events. That way I can carry tools and sticky tires. May do some Road Race events. Just thinkin out loud...

My friends mom daily drives an orange hellcat challenger. She uses the black key which limits it to 500hp I think. Sounds wicked and 500hp is still enough to pass most anything. I've rode in it with the red key in sport mode or whatever and it's a beast. It's cool to see how the suspension feel changes between the settings.

Good deals on used hellcats are out there. I shopped around for about a year looking for a non sunroof 6 speed manual which is the opposite of what most people want. I traded in my 2011 392 challenger which was my daily driver at the time.

do you remember the red Mercedes roadsters from the 80's? Their red paint was so far off the red plastic body panels that the car looked 2 tone: Torred and tomato soup. FUgly.

I would love a used newer modern Challenger, BUT I would have to find some rich family that wants to adopt a 70 year old son!!????? Ayone??????/ LOL

I have a thread on this when the Hellcat first came out and told the wife I'd like to turn in my wrenches for a buffer and she laughed at me saying that I'd still have to figure out some ways to outsmart the Mopar engineers and make it faster.

I drove a new challenger for a few years, the cost of ownership is high.
Brakes, tires, every second oil change.
I have 8 cars on my insurance, and the challengers insurance was 1/2 the cost.
Traded it on a new truck, but I do miss it.

Just wait till it has issues... Hope you have a huge check book...Nothing like having a 700hp car for a driver that you have to go as fast as a prius 99% of the time.
Yup...first time it goes to the dealer and there is rubber anywhere, or the tires have the tell tale burn out marks that will be the end of the warranty. Buddy owns a trans shop, lot of his customers are from this. For a while diesel guys were a big part of his income. Buy a new truck, put a sewer pipe exhaust, EFI Live etc. Trans gets smoked..."sorry no more warranty". $7k later they are back on the road.
Demon...have heard people paying $125k for a car that can't legally make a pass at an NHRA event. Forced induction makes for a terrible bracket racer.
Spoke with a racer at the local track. Her husband wanted one. She did her best to change his mind. For under 12k they have a very consistent mid 10 second Fox body.
To each his own. If all I was after was big numbers I would build something like

And have enough $$ left over to buy a brand new diesel tow vehicle with an enclosed trailer.
Hell, there is a guy that is running mid8's in a 67 Malibu with a scrap yard LS...Know for a fact that Zach has nowhere near the kind of money it would take to buy a Demon and get it legal to race it...
Must be nice to have deep pockets..,

The thing about purpose built drag cars is that's what they are.

The Demon is also capable of handling like a super car. Not many purpose built drag cars can run with Ferraris on a road course.

The best in life is to have both! 1969 GTS 383 4 speed and the 2016 Challenger HC A8. Depending on my attitude for the morning is what car comes out of the garage. Each car drives and handles differently. Totally different amount of HP but both impressive for the chassis. New vs old? Can't compare. Total different in every way except for the important one. Turning heads and making me smile!! Ohh Ya I do have a Cummins diesel for my normal driver.

-
Back